Attorney Cynthia Danel [Partner]
My name is Cynthia Danel. I'm a partner at Edgar Snyder & Associates. I've been a lawyer since 1981, and I've been with Edgar Snyder since 1983. I represent injured people. These are people who have been injured or wronged through no fault of their own. The secret to being a successful lawyer is hard work; there's no way around it. You have to get to know your client, what they did for a living, how they interacted with their family, what they did for pleasure—and then you have to get to know them after the accident. And after the accident things are much different. You have to know how they are different. And then you have to figure out what's the best that can be made out of the current situation, and how can you put their lives back together so that they can have a meaningful social life again... how they can have a meaningful work life again. And how they can get back the closeness and activity level that they had with their friends and family before the accident.
Meet Partner Cynthia Danel
Attorney Cynthia Danel has an AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest possible rating based on legal ability and general ethical standards. She was selected as a 2018 Woman Leader in The Law, based on the Martindale AV Rating system. She made the list of Pennsylvania Super Lawyers®, an honor awarded to the top five percent of state-wide lawyers, from 2005-2020. Attorney Danel has also been honored on the Super Lawyers list of Top 50 Women Attorneys in Pennsylvania from 2008-2020. In addition, she was included on the list of Top 100 Attorneys in Pennsylvania for 2011-2020 and the list of Top 50 Attorneys in Pittsburgh from 2009-2020.
She was voted for inclusion in the 2011-2021 editions of The Best Lawyers in America®, an honor based on rigorous peer review, and was selected as their 2012 "Pittsburgh Personal Injury Litigation Lawyer of the Year." Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers "the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice."
Attorney Danel is a Charter Fellow in the Litigation Counsel of America. The Litigation Counsel of America is a trial lawyer honorary society composed of less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers, limited to fewer than 3,500 Fellows. Membership is by invitation only.
Attorney Danel has tried numerous cases to verdict before a jury and has tried numerous insurance arbitration cases in Allegheny County and counties in Western and Central Pennsylvania. She has mediated and settled hundreds of cases, resulting in substantial recoveries for her clients. She has also successfully argued appellate (relating to appeals) cases before both the Superior and Supreme Courts of Pennsylvania.
Professional Honors and Memberships
- AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- 2018 Woman Leader in The Law, based on the Martindale AV Rating System
- 2011-2021 Best Lawyers in America®
- 2012 "Pittsburgh Best Lawyers Personal Injury Litigation Lawyer of the Year"
- 2005-2020 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers list
- Super Lawyers Top 100 Attorneys in Pennsylvania for 2011-2020
- Super Lawyers Top 50 Female Attorneys in Pennsylvania for 2008-2020
- Super Lawyers Top 50 Attorneys in Pittsburgh for 2009-2020
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Litigation Counsel of America, Senior Fellow
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association; Past President; President's Club Member
- Board-Certified as a Civil Trial Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Board of Governors
- Top 100 Trial Lawyer, The National Trial Lawyers
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- West Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- 2004 Outstanding Alumni Award, Pennsylvania State University
- Alumni Fellow, Pennsylvania State University
Education and Licensing
Attorney Danel received both a Bachelor of Arts and a Master of Arts degree in Speech Communication from Pennsylvania State University. She received her Juris Doctor degree from Duquesne University School of Law. She is licensed to practice law in the State and Federal Courts of both Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
In the News
Attorney Danel is highly respected in the legal community and has been interviewed by the media on a variety of topics related to injury law.
Attorney Danel is a frequent lecturer for both local and state trial attorney organizations and has lectured on numerous topics including changes in the law on automobile insurance, demonstrative evidence, and uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage issues. She also has traveled to local high schools to talk about driving dangers and injury prevention.
Attorney Danel participates in Variety the Children's Charity, the Make-A-Wish Foundation, the Greater Pittsburgh Literacy Council, and the Pennsylvania State University Career Counseling Panel.
She has also served as a judge participant in the Allegheny County High School Moot Court Competition, the University of Pittsburgh Moot Court Competition, and is a former chairperson of the High School Essay Contest run by the Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association.