Attorney Christine Zaremski-Young [Partner]
Meet Partner Christine Zaremski-Young
Attorney Christine Zaremski-Young has been selected to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® list, an honor awarded to the top five percent of state-wide lawyers, since 2016. She has also been honored on the Super Lawyers list of Top 50 Women Attorneys in Pennsylvania, the Top 100 Attorneys in Pennsylvania, and the Top 50 Attorneys in Pittsburgh. Prior to being named a Super Lawyer, Attorney Zaremski-Young made the 2010-2015 Pennsylvania Rising Stars® list, an honor awarded to the best up-and-coming attorneys. She has also been named a member of both the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Fewer than 1% of United States lawyers are members.
Education and Licensing
She earned her Juris Doctor cum laude from the Duquesne University School of Law. While at Duquesne, she was a published member of the Duquesne Law Review and graduated in the top 10 percent of her class. She earned three Excellence for the Future Awards (awarded for achieving the highest grade in a class) and was a member of the Innocence Project. Attorney Zaremski-Young triple majored in history and philosophy of science, political science, and psychology at the University of Pittsburgh.
She is licensed to practice in all Pennsylvania and Ohio State Courts, the United States Supreme Court, the Federal Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, and the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania.
Professional Honors and Memberships
- Selected for inclusion in the 2016 - 2021 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers list
- Super Lawyers Top 100 Attorneys in Pennsylvania, 2021
- Super Lawyers Top 50 Female Attorneys in Pennsylvania, 2021
- Super Lawyers Top 50 Attorneys in Pittsburgh, 2021
- Selected for inclusion in 2010-2015 Pennsylvania Rising Stars®
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Co-Chair and Executive Sponsor of the Edgar Snyder & Associates Pro-Bono Program
- Vice-Chair of the Edgar Snyder & Associates Diversity & Inclusion Committee
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Governors
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- Board of Governors
- Western District Chair for the Women in the Law Division
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute, “Maximizing Outcomes of PI Cases – Technology is Your Friend: You Can’t Win Without It”
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute, “Joint and Several Liability”
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute, "Truck Accident Litigation 2019" - "Liability of Lessors, Brokers, Shippers, and Others"
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute, "Truck Accident Litigation 2019" - "The State Police Investigation: Understanding and Obtaining It"
- Distracted Driving – Plaintiffs’ Perspective on Commercial Motor Vehicle Cases
- Allegheny County Bar Association - Settlement Strategy & Ethics (course instructor)
- Brain Injury Association of Pennsylvania - Traumatic Brain Injuries and the Law
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute - Litigating Tractor Trailer Wrecks
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute - Discovery Strategy: Advanced Discovery Topics in Pennsylvania
- How to Handle a Trucking Case: Tips and Lessons from Pre-Litigation through Discovery
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute - Litigating Automobile Accidents Involving Roadway Defects
- The Basics of Litigation Involving State and Local Government – Panelist and Written Materials
- Do Not Underestimate the Effects of Environmental Factors: A Tutorial on the Importance of Perishable Evidence at an Accident Scene
- How to Conduct an Effective Direct and Cross Examination
- The Compensation of Erroneously Convicted Individuals in Pennsylvania, 43 Duq. L.R. 429-454
- Knowing the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, Pennsylvania Bar Institute 2014
- Plaintiffs' Perspective: Handling a Case Against a CMV Defendant, Pennsylvania Bar Institute 2014
- Philadelphia Inquirer, quoted
Attorney Zaremski-Young participates in programs with the Susan G. Komen Foundation. She also plays softball with the Pittsburgh Sports League.
She has done pro-bono legal work with the Young Lawyers Division of the Allegheny County Bar Association and has mentored with the Duquesne Law Mentor Program.