Seat Belt Safety Tips
Do you always wear your seat belt? You should. Statistics show that you're always safer in a car accident wearing a seat belt than not wearing one.
Knowing is the first step in preventing.
Follow these important seat belt safety tips – they could save your life:
- Always buckle up before driving or riding in a car. This goes for everyone in the vehicle, whether you're sitting in the front or the back.
- Wear the lap belt low across the hips and below your stomach.
- Wear the shoulder belt over your collarbone, away from your neck. It should cross over your chest. In most new cars, you can adjust shoulder belts to improve their height and fit.
- A seat belt that works properly will keep you at a safe distance from the dashboard and the airbag. For more information about staying safe in a car with airbags, read our Airbag Safety Tips.
- Children should never sit in the front passenger seat until they reach at least age 13.
- Secure all young children in child safety seats. For more about staying safe when it comes to car seats and booster seats, read our Car Seat Safety Tips.
- If you're pregnant and riding in a car, make sure the safety belt is snug against your hips. Loose belts can cause broken ribs or injuries to your belly. Never put a lap belt across your stomach when you're pregnant.
Injured by a Faulty Seat Belt? We Can Help
Were you or a loved one the victim in a car accident where the seat belt didn't work properly? You may need a lawyer, because you may have a case against the manufacturer, supplier, or distributor of the seat belt.
Our attorneys have decades of experience fighting the companies that make faulty products and the insurance companies that try to confuse you with complicated legal procedures. You may feel like they stole your health, your financial security…everything.
But there is hope. You can take back your life with help from Edgar Snyder & Associates.
Contact Us Now for a Free Legal Consultation
If you've been seriously injured in a car accident because of a defective seat belt, don't wait. Evidence disappears quickly.
Contact us right away at 412-394-1000 or fill out the form at the top right of this webpage for your free legal consultation. We'll tell you if you have a case, no strings attached. Remember, there's never a fee unless we get money for you. Day or night, we're ready to help you – so call now.