Beware of Bad Roads
Even the most careful drivers can get into accidents. There are always things working against drivers, including road hazards. These increase the likelihood of an accident that can damage your car, injure you and your passengers, and cost you time and money.
These are just a few of the types of bad roads that can lead to serious car accidents:
- Clear Zone Issues – These are fixed objects that create a risk on the road. Examples include utility poles, fallen trees, uncovered water drains, etc.
- Isolated Ice Patches – These slick, frozen surfaces can make you spin or slide. When roads don't properly drain water, it can freeze to create this hazard.
- Intersection Geometry – This term is a fancy way of talking about a dangerous intersection. Examples: especially narrow roads, sharp turns that require mirrors, etc.
- Oil and Chip – This is a temporary fix for roads that need to be resurfaced. If it's allowed to sit for too long, it can get slippery and dangerous.
- Positive Guidance – Poorly painted lines or broken, hidden, or missing signs can cause accidents on difficult roads.
- Shoulder Drop-Off – If the shoulder – space to the right of the road past the solid white line – drops more than two inches from the road's surface, it can cause an accident. A "berm" drop is even steeper.
- "Slippery When Wet" Sign – Roads marked with this sign were tested and proven to be slick and perhaps unsafe when it rains if moisture does not drain properly.
- Wheel Ruts – When roads haven't been resurfaced in a while, grooves where wheels often go dig into the road and make it uneven and unsafe.
- Work Zones – Work zones can be filled with confusing signs and unpredictable changes. It can be difficult to keep up with many directions when trying to drive safely through a work zone.
- Potholes – These pen gaps in the road where asphalt used to be can damage tires, make cars swerve, and cause collisions. Learn more about notifying the state or local government about potholes in Pennsylvania.
Did Bad Roads Cause Your Accident?
Any of the hazards we've listed can cause an accident to even the safest driver. You don't have to assume an accident like these was your fault – you may have a case.
Contact Edgar Snyder & Associates right away. Our investigators know what evidence to look for to prove that weather, poor direction, or bad road conditions may have caused your accident.
Don't Lose Evidence - Contact Us Now
Contact us immediately at 1-866-943-3427 or submit your information online with the form at the top right corner of this page for a free legal evaluation.
The evaluation is free, the advice is free, and as always, there's never a fee unless we get money for you.