Attorney Todd Berkey [Partner]
I think ultimately the decision for me to become an attorney is I really wanted to help people. I felt being a lawyer is a noble profession. And I think that we have the opportunity to really help people and to provide justice to people that somehow can't provide justice for themselves—people that need a voice, need someone to speak on their behalf, someone to represent their interests because they're unable to. Oftentimes, many of the clients that I've represented have not only inspired me to be a better lawyer, but a better person because I have seen what they've been through. I've lived what they've been through with them, and I oftentimes marvel at how they're able to overcome the devastation, and the plight, and the handicaps, and the disability, and the pain, and the things that they've had to go through and endured. I've taken so many things away from a representation of my clients that I've instilled in my own life and my own family.
Meet Partner Todd Berkey
Attorney Todd Berkey has been included on the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers list, an honor awarded to the top five percent of state-wide lawyers, from 2005-2017. Based on the results of the Super Lawyers selection process, Attorney Berkey was honored as one of the Top 100 Attorneys in Pennsylvania in 2014, 2015, and 2017, and one of the Top 50 Attorneys in Pittsburgh for 2012 - 2017.
He was also voted for inclusion in the 2010-2018 editions of The Best Lawyers in America®, an honor based on rigorous peer review. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers "the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice."
Attorney Berkey has secured numerous large settlements for clients injured by dangerous roads, car accidents, motorcycle accidents, tractor-trailer accidents, construction-related accidents, defective products, slips and falls, and other general liability claims. He has achieved seven-figure and numerous six-figure jury verdicts.
Professional Honors and Memberships
- 2010-2018 Best Lawyers in America®
- 2005-2017 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers list
- Super Lawyers list of Top 100 Attorneys in Pennsylvania for 2014, 2015, and 2017
- Super Lawyers list of Top 50 Attorneys in Pittsburgh for 2012 - 2017
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Board-Certified as a Civil Trial Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Top 100 Trial Lawyer, The National Trial Lawyers
- Trial Masters Member (for attorneys who have tried at least 35 trials to verdict)
- Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, President's Club Member
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- West Virginia Bar Association
- Ohio Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
Education and Licensing
Attorney Berkey received his Bachelor of Science degree from Duquesne University and a Juris Doctor from the Delaware Law School of Widener University. He is licensed to practice law in all Pennsylvania State and Federal Courts as well as in Ohio and West Virginia.
In the News
Attorney Berkey is highly respected in the legal community and has been interviewed by the media on a variety of topics related to accidents and injury law. Below are a few samples:
- Defective Products -- "No Fee TV" -- PCNC
- Catastrophic Injuries & Wrongful Death -- "No Fee TV" -- PCNC
- Meet the Partners -- "No Fee TV" -- PCNC
- Spring and Summer Injury Prevention -- "No Fee TV" -- PCNC
- What to Do After An Accident -- "No Fee TV" -- PCNC
- Underage Drinking, Drunk Driving, and Party Host Laws -- "No Fee TV" -- PCNC
Attorney Berkey has been a lecturer in seminars for the Pennsylvania Association for Justice and for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute. His presentations include:
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute – Overview of Dog Bite Liability
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association – What's It Worth – Value of Cases
- Minor Impact/Soft Tissue Injuries
- Limited Tort
Attorney Berkey participates in events such as high school moot court competitions, Project Bundle-Up, and Presents for Patients, just to name a few.