Meet Personal Injury Lawyer Lawrence Gurrera
Attorney at Law
Meet Attorney Lawrence Gurrera – his priority is helping his clients recover the compensation and peace of mind they need after a personal injury. He applies his in-depth knowledge of the legal system to make sure your rights are protected. He'll put your best interests first and fight for you at every turn.What is the best part of your job?
I really value the relationships that I form with our clients. They've been through a lot, and some of them have life-changing injuries. Seeing the relief they feel when they know they're in good hands – that's the best.Attorney Gurrera
Education and Licensing
- Attorney Lawrence Gurrera earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law.
- He earned his bachelor's degree in Political Science cum laude from the University of Pittsburgh.
- While at the university, he received the Robert Berkley Harper Scholarship, the W. Edward Sell and Cordelia F. Sell Scholarship, and the William Frederick Schulz, Jr. Legal History Award. He also served as a judicial extern in the office of the Honorable Ralph J. Cappy, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania.
- He is a National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA) trained trial attorney.
- Attorney Gurrera is licensed to practice in all Pennsylvania State Courts, the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, and the United States District Court for the District of Maryland.
Professional Honors and Memberships
- Selected for inclusion in 2012 Pennsylvania Rising Stars®
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Governors
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Board of Governors
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- University of Pittsburgh Alumni Association, Board of Directors
- Continuing Legal Education Seminar, Pennsylvania Bar Institute – "Managing Liens & Subrogation in Auto Litigation"
- Continuing Legal Education Seminar, Pennsylvania Bar Institute – "Fundamentals of Personal Injury"
Attorney Gurrera participates in the Allegheny County Bar Foundation Pro Bono Center's Criminal Record Expungement Project and Divorce Law Project.
Every year, he speaks to high school English and government studies students at Highlands High School in Natrona Heights about the components involved in trials.
In addition, he is a fraternity adviser for the University of Pittsburgh's pre-law society, Phi Alpha Delta.