Attorney Lawrence Gurrera [Partner]
Attorney at Law
Meet Partner Lawrence Gurrera
Attorney Gurrera has been selected to the 2012 and 2018 - 2020 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers’ Rising Stars® list, an honor awarded to the best up-and-coming attorneys.
His priority is helping his clients recover the compensation and peace of mind they need after an accident. He applies his in-depth knowledge of the legal system to make sure your rights are protected. He'll put your best interests first and fight for you at every turn.
Because of his dedication to his clients, Attorney Gurrera was the 2017 recipient of the "Firm Citizen" award, given to the staff member who epitomizes our core values.
What is the best part of your job?
I really value the relationships that I form with our clients. They've been through a lot, and some of them have life-changing injuries. Seeing the relief they feel when they know they're in good hands – that's the best.Attorney Gurrera
Education and Licensing
- Attorney Lawrence Gurrera earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law.
- He earned his bachelor's degree in political science cum laude from the University of Pittsburgh.
- While at the university, he received the Robert Berkley Harper Scholarship, the W. Edward Sell and Cordelia F. Sell Scholarship, and the William Frederick Schulz, Jr. Legal History Award. He also served as a judicial extern in the office of the Honorable Ralph J. Cappy, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania.
- He is a National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA) trained trial attorney.
- Attorney Gurrera is licensed to practice in all Pennsylvania State Courts, all Ohio State Courts, the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, and the United States District Court for the District of Maryland.
Professional Honors and Memberships
- Selected for inclusion in 2012 and 2018 - 2020 Pennsylvania Rising Stars®
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, former member of the Board of Governors
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, former member of the Board of Governors
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Continuing Legal Education Seminar, Pennsylvania Bar Institute – "Managing Liens & Subrogation in Auto Litigation"
- Continuing Legal Education Seminar, Pennsylvania Bar Institute – "Fundamentals of Personal Injury"
- Continuing Legal Education Seminar, Pennsylvania Bar Institute - "The Basics of UM/UIM and Limited Tort"
Attorney Gurrera participates in the Allegheny County Bar Foundation Pro Bono Center's Criminal Record Expungement Project and Divorce Law Project. He is also on the Board of Steel Smiling, a local nonprofit which focuses on mental health initiatives.
He is also on the Board of Directors of the University of Pittsburgh Alumni Association and co-directs the Pitt Celebrity Golf Tournament, an annual event that raises funds for the academic needs of Pitt student athletes.
October 2018: Attorney Gurrera went live to give the attorney's perspective on a pedestrian accident in Pittsburgh.