Employment Law Attorney John E. Black
John E. Black
Attorney at Law
Attorney John E. Black has more than 20 years of experience in all aspects of state and federal employment and labor law litigation at both the trial and appellate levels.
Over the course of his career, he has learned that wrongful termination has a much greater impact on someone’s life than just the financial hardship it may cause, and it's his misson to give his clients the voice they deserve.
In addition to providing the economic means to live, one’s employment is often a major part of a person’s identity. When someone is fired for a wrongful reason, not only is that person harmed financially, but many times that person is also damaged emotionally. I am grateful that I can advocate on behalf of terminated employees and help them tell their stories.Attorney Black
Attorney Black has previously been named Pittsburgh’s Employment Lawyer of the Year by Best Lawyers in America®, and he is annually selected to the Best Lawyers in America and Pennsylvania Super Lawyers lists.
Professional Memberships & Honors
- Selected as Pittsburgh’s Employment Lawyer of the Year by Best Lawyers in America, 2013
- Selected to Best Lawyers in America, 2010 - 2022
- Selected to Pennsylvania Super Lawyers since 2013
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Verdicts & Settlements
Attorney Black has helped secure numerous verdicts for his clients throughout his career, including six- and seven-figure awards.
Licensing & Education
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Juris Doctor, magna cum laude
- Selected to Order of the Coif
- Managing Editor, University of Pittsburgh Law Review
- CALI Excellence Award for highest grade in class: Contracts & Civil Procedure
- McDaniel College
- Attorney Black is licensed to practice in Pennsylvania, the Western District of Pennsylvania, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.