Giving Back to our Community
A Law Firm Committed to Giving Back to the Community
At Edgar Snyder & Associates, we strive to be more than a law firm helping injured people—for us, it's also important to help the communities where we live, work and raise our families.
That's why we are deeply involved in community service projects, sponsorships, volunteering and other charity work throughout western Pennsylvania.
Whether we're fighting drunk driving through public service campaigns or getting our hands dirty to beautify our neighborhoods, our law firm is committed to giving back to the communities that have given us so much for more than 30 years.
Here are some projects and causes that are near and dear to us:
At Edgar Snyder & Associates, we know the importance—as well as the impact—of helping to enrich the lives of children in our community. That's why we are honored to work with many local nonprofit organizations to help make a difference in the region.
We proudly partner with:
- Variety The Children's Charity of Pittsburgh
- Cam Heyward's Heyward House
- Josh Harrison and Dreambuilders
- Kris Letang and Dreambuilders
We also sponsor our own initiatives such as our annual "My Holiday Wish" coloring contest for children in elementary school, and a scholarship competition for high school students.
Now, we are giving you a chance to help out through our new initiative, Edgar's Extra Point. When you submit a photo or video of yourself doing Edgar's iconic point, our law firm will donate $5 to the Dreambuilders Foundation, a nonprofit that gets athletes involved with helping our community. You can read all the details here.
Preventing Unsafe Driving
At Edgar Snyder & Associates, our car accident injury attorneys have represented thousands of crash victims. So many accidents are caused by distracted or impaired drivers, and our law firm is taking steps to prevent unsafe driving practices by sponsoring the:
- "Words to Be Heard" college scholarship contest
- Safe Driving Pledge
- Teen driver safety programs
- Take a Cab program
- Supporting the Trooper Kenton Iwaniec TakeOff Memorial Race honoring Kenton Iwaniec, a Pennsylvania State Trooper who was killed by a drunk driver. The race raises awareness about the seriousness of impaired driving and encourages community support in reducing drunk driving deaths. It takes place each April at St. Vincent College in Latrobe, Kenton's alma mater.
Promoting Motorcycle Safety
We respect motorcyclists—not only because we represent them, but because we count ourselves among them. Our firm takes pride in promoting motorcycle safety through sponsorships and:
- The creation of Snyder's Riders, a community of motorcyclists committed to protecting themselves and their loved ones.
- Partnering with the Officer James Kuzak Benefit Fund for the Annual 5220 Bike Rally
- Writing outreach articles in the monthly Pennsylvania motorcycle magazine Thunder Roads
- Supporting various motorcycle events, bike runs and more
The employees at Edgar Snyder & Associates also do a great deal to give back to the communities we call home. Each year, our staff members give back to many community organizations and charity projects. Our employees:
- Volunteer at Animal Friends.
- Donate Thanksgiving meals to the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank for families in need.
- Provide holiday gifts to local senior citizens in need through Ursuline Support Services.
- And so much more