Giving Back to Our Community
A Law Firm Committed to Giving Back to the Community
That's why we are deeply involved in community service projects, sponsorships, volunteering and other charity work throughout western Pennsylvania. We were extremely proud and humbled to receive a Pittsburgh Business Times 2018 Corporate Citizenship Award – to be recognized for something that you’re passionate about is a true honor.
Whether we're fighting drunk driving through public service campaigns or getting our hands dirty to beautify our neighborhoods, being Pittsburgh Proud—and western PA proud—means giving back to the communities that have given us so much for more than 30 years.
Below are some projects and causes that are near and dear to us.
COVID-19 Relief Efforts with United Way
We’re proud to partner with United Way branches in western and central Pennsylvania to support those in need during the COVID-19 crisis. Learn how you can get help meeting critical needs and how you can donate to Emergency Funds in your region:
As Seen on TV
You may have seen our newest community initiatives on television. Learn more below and find out how you can join us to help local children in need.
Our law firm partners with Pittsburgh defensive end Cam Heyward and his foundation, The Heyward House. It's been an honor to help Cam as he strives to provide positive role models and lasting memories for children who need it most.
We are proud to team up with hockey defenseman Kris Letang to help local kids and families stay active and healthy. Read more about what we’ve done with Kris, The Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank, Playworks, and the Boys & Girls Club to help make sure our neighbors have access to the resources they need.
We love Variety the Children's Charity, and the life-changing work they do on behalf of area children with disabilities. We've supported their MyBike for years, and we're excited to help get the word out about MyVoice, which gives a voice to children who've been diagnosed with communication disorders. See how MyVoice has changed the lives of 5-year-old Tyler and his family.
We’ve teamed up with sports legends Rocky Bleier and Jim Leyland to help bring a simple childhood pleasure the children with disabilities. Learn how The Miracle League of Moon Township is helping kids play baseball, regardless of their ability.
We are excited to partner with Team USA Olympic athlete and World Cup Soccer champion, Meghan Klingenberg to help young female athletes stay active, healthy, and build self-esteem.
More Projects Helping Kids
At Edgar Snyder & Associates, we know the importance—as well as the impact—of helping to enrich the lives of children in our community. That's why we are honored to work with many local nonprofit organizations to help make a difference in the region.
We proudly partner with:
- Variety The Children's Charity of Pittsburgh
- Cam Heyward's The Heyward House
- Josh Harrison and Dreambuilders
- Kris Letang and Dreambuilders
- Meghan Klingenberg to support female athletes
Preventing Unsafe Driving
At Edgar Snyder & Associates, our car accident injury attorneys have represented thousands of crash victims. So many accidents are caused by distracted or impaired drivers, and our law firm is taking steps to prevent unsafe driving practices by sponsoring the:
- Trooper Kenton Iwaniec TakeOff Memorial Race honoring Kenton Iwaniec, a Pennsylvania State Trooper who was killed by a drunk driver. The race raises awareness about the seriousness of impaired driving and encourages community support in reducing drunk driving deaths. It takes place each April at St. Vincent College in Latrobe, Kenton's alma mater.
- Teen driver safety programs
- Take a Cab program
Promoting Motorcycle Safety
We respect motorcyclists—not only because we represent them, but because we count ourselves among them. Our firm takes pride in promoting motorcycle safety through sponsorships and:
- The creation of Snyder's Riders, a community of motorcyclists committed to protecting themselves and their loved ones.
- Partnering with the Officer James Kuzak Benefit Fund for the Annual 5220 Bike Rally
- Writing outreach articles in the monthly Pennsylvania motorcycle magazine Thunder Roads
- Supporting various motorcycle events, bike runs and more
The employees at Edgar Snyder & Associates also do a great deal to give back to the communities we call home. Each year, our staff members give back to many community organizations and charity projects. Our employees:
- Volunteer at Animal Friends.
- Donate Thanksgiving meals to the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank for families in need.
- Provide holiday gifts to local senior citizens in need through Ursuline Support Services.
- And so much more