Edgar Snyder & Associates has once again been voted one of the Top Places to Work in Pittsburgh.
This honor is based on surveys that encourage employees to anonymously rate their workplaces based on a variety of characteristics. Comments from our attorneys and staff cited many benefits to working at the law firm, including activities to promote employee health and wellness as well as a commitment to community service.
At Edgar Snyder & Associates, we are proud of these awards. We believe the mark of a great business is happy, productive employees.
For the past 30 years, Edgar Snyder & Associates has built a culture of excellence and earned a reputation for taking care of clients and giving back to the community. We’ve built a team of professionals with laser focus on winning clients the resources they need to rebuild their lives. That team is comprised of high-achieving lawyers, paralegals, legal assistants, and other team members who provide a personal touch. We’re consistently ranked among the best places to work in Pittsburgh, and we strive to recognize and reward the focus and drive of our employees.
Learn more about our current openings:
We are looking for a driven, results-focused Medical Records Assistant who sees the big picture and wants to make a difference for our clients - people who are injured through no fault of their own. The Medical Records Assistant is responsible for requesting, obtaining and organizing medical records with strict confidentiality.
- Acts as a liaison between the support staff from the firm and the medical records providers by handling all requests for records with strict adherence to deadlines and confidentiality.
- Requests, tracks and organizes medical records for client cases. Ensures that all requests are completed by the deadlines.
- Receives, records and profiles all medical records both electronically and via hard copies.
- Implements a timely tracking and follow up system to ensure the status updates of all medical records are accurately recorded in the system. Takes appropriate actions to expedite the processing system when needed.
- Implements a communication and notification process to keep all parties informed of the status of medical records requests. Promptly identifies issues and irregularities; provides timely and frequent updates to the Medical Records Coordinator. Documents any irregularities in the system.
- Maintains accurate filing and document system. Follows established processes to ensure that records are incorporated into the correct case file.
- Interacts with firm personnel, visitors and medical records providers in a professional and courteous manner. Responds promptly and efficiently to all communications.
- Provides administrative support, including typing, filing, preparing correspondence, mailing, inventory requests, photocopying, faxing, collating, answering phones, delivering messages and other activities.
- Assists the department and firm with special projects, reports and other support requests.
- Assists in reviewing and reconciling billing invoices based on medical records requests. This may involve researching submissions and verifying delivery of products to support invoice payment.
- Collaborates with other departments to support client cases.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in an administrative role preferred.
- Experience working in an administrative support role with medical records in a law firm, health care facility or third party records company preferred.
- Associates' degree in business management, administrative services or comparable field preferred.
- An equivalent combination of training and relevant work experience may be substituted for training/experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Familiarity with the federal HITECH Act of 2009 and HIPAA compliance is helpful but not required.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Detail-oriented, organized, motivated, meticulous, practical & flexible. Able to effectively handle multiple and shifting priorities and maintain professional composure while under stress or conflict.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, high energy and team-oriented environment. Able to produce high quality work under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- A resourceful self-starter who takes initiative to quickly assimilate and apply new knowledge.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to effectively communicate information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to develop relationships with coworkers, customers and colleagues. Builds trust, honors commitments and treats all with respect. Uses those skills to accurately accomplish tasks by the deadlines.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team. Able to resolve issues, manage conflict and be a problem solver.
- Demonstrates strong sense of customer service. Able to promote a collaborative and productive work culture. Exhibits behavior consistent with the ESA's core values.
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point), Internet, e-mail, database management and scheduling software programs.
Would you like a chance to work at one of the most well-branded companies in western Pennsylvania? Edgar Snyder & Associates, a law firm helping injury victims, is looking for a writing intern to be an integral part of the firm's marketing team. This is a great way to build up your resume, experience, and portfolio. The internship will offer much more than just fictional class projects — you'll see your work published.
This is a flexible, on-location position in our downtown Pittsburgh office during the fall semester. We are seeking an intern to work two days a week, with the opportunity for more days as work allows.
This is a writing-intensive internship: a cover letter and previous writing sample is required as part of your application, and you will complete a writing test before your interview. This internship is best suited to an undergraduate student majoring in writing, marketing, communications, English, literature, media, journalism, or a related field. Previous writing or marketing experience is a plus, but not required.
Duties and Responsibilities
Assist members of the marketing department with various tasks, including:
- Writing and revising web content per SEO best practices
- Writing and publishing of other content such as web bios, e-newsletters, press releases, and other articles
- Various administrative duties, including organizing mail materials
- Basic website assistance and support
- Audit and update online web profiles and listings
- Database maintenance and development
- Social media research
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Research skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Some HTML knowledge a plus
- Knowledge of SEO a plus
- Knowledge of social media – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter – a plus
For consideration, please apply via the link provided. Please include your resume, a writing sample, and a cover letter, to the attention of Megan Mansmann in Marketing.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Working at Edgar Snyder & Associates
Want to know what it's like to work at Edgar Snyder & Associates? Hear it straight from our staff:
"The best part of my job is having the satisfaction of knowing you've helped people through what may be one of the most difficult periods of their lives."
– Lisa S., Personal Injury Legal Assistant
"The people I work with are great – they are very caring and work very hard. There is always something new to learn, which keeps the job interesting."
– Arlene U., Personal Injury Legal Assistant
"I enjoy that the typical day is fast paced. Each day is exciting, and it makes the days and weeks simply fly by. And, ESA goes out of its way to make the office environment comfortable and enjoyable." – Attorney Lawrence Gurrera
Giving Back to Our Communities
At Edgar Snyder & Associates, we want to be more than just a law firm that helps injured people – we also want to give back to the communities where we live and work.
Whether it’s through sponsorships, community service projects, or volunteering, we’re proud of everything our staff has done to create our culture of giving back. And we’re thankful for all that they continue to do to support our efforts.
You can learn more about our work in the community in the Giving Back section of our website.
Edgar Snyder & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Find out more about:
Thank you for your interest in the law firm of Edgar Snyder & Associates.