Edgar Snyder & Associates has once again been voted one of the Top Places to Work in Pittsburgh.
This honor is based on surveys that encourage employees to anonymously rate their workplaces based on a variety of characteristics. Comments from our attorneys and staff cited many benefits to working at the law firm, including activities to promote employee health and wellness as well as a commitment to community service.
At Edgar Snyder & Associates, we are proud of these awards. We believe the mark of a great business is happy, productive employees.
For the past 30 years, Edgar Snyder & Associates has built a culture of excellence and earned a reputation for taking care of clients and giving back to the community. We’ve built a team of professionals with laser focus on winning clients the resources they need to rebuild their lives. That team is comprised of high-achieving lawyers, paralegals, legal assistants, and other team members who provide a personal touch. We’re consistently ranked among the best places to work in Pittsburgh, and we strive to recognize and reward the focus and drive of our employees.
Learn more about our current openings:
The Marketing Director works in collaboration with the leader of the Marketing Department Discipline. The Marketing Director is responsible for setting the firm's brand & marketing direction. The Marketing Director is responsible for owning the Edgar Snyder & Associates (ESA) brand, the marketing strategy, and all marketing activities. And, leading the Marketing Department.
The following are the specific duties & responsibilities:
1. Work with ESA leadership to develop the firm's Brand & Marketing Strategy that contributes to the firm's growth.
The Marketing Director will work with the ESA leadership team (and marketing consultancy partner) to create the marketing strategy and marketing plan that outlines specific goals, best target market, positioning & measures of success. The Marketing Director will execute effective marketing campaigns that are analyzed against the marketing strategy and will make ongoing recommendations.
2. Leads the Marketing Department
The Marketing Director is responsible for overseeing, leading, managing & directing a fully- integrated Marketing Department steeped in marketing excellence.
3. Directs Messaging & Creative Strategy
Responsible for the ESA brand voice. The Marketing Director is held accountable for brand consistency & message delivery. It’s vital the marketing director possesses strong creative judgement that aligns with the ESA brand vision. The director will oversee all creative & content development (all media – TV, Outdoor, Radio, Digital, Social, etc.)
4. Data & Research Knowledge
The Marketing Director will utilize data resources to set & measure KPI’s goals & informed decision-making. The director is responsible for setting attainable goals that are clearly measured. They will embrace data, reports, category insights, research, trends & key success measures to make evidence-based decisions. The director must be tech-savvy. And, is responsible for researching demand for ESA’s products & services as well as our competitive-set.
5. Leading outside partnerships
The Marketing Director is responsible for leading, developing & collaborating with all external marketing resources to provide clear direction & deliver quality deliverables. It’s vital the marketing director has experience and possesses best practices and holds partners accountable.
6. Manage Media & Creative
It’s vital the Marketing Director is knowledgeable on media strategy, planning & execution. The marketing director must possess understanding of all forms of media, mass media, including TV and especially new media & the digital landscape. The marketing director must show excellence in creative judgement and knowledge of the creative development process.
7. Fiscal Knowledge
The Marketing Director must have strong fiscal knowledge. They are responsible for developing & managing a significant marketing budget. The director will manage specific marketing campaigns, project initiatives, sponsorships, expenditures, research and development appropriations, ROI, P&L, contracts & vendor costs. They must ensure that budget is managed in an effective and efficient manner.
8. Relentless Learner
It is key the Marketing Director stays up-to-date on the latest technologies, innovations, marketing trends, category knowledge, media landscape and leadership understanding. They must embark in on-going marketing education.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications or related field. An MBA is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Proven work experience as a marketing leader, marketing director and running a marketing team.
- The ability to lead & communicate to team members, key stakeholders at all levels of the firm, including the C-level partners.
- Proven marketing campaign experience.
- Experience with mass media, specifically TV, and all digital marketing forms, such as social media marketing & content marketing.
- Strong copywriting skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written & oral communication skills.
- Experience utilizing the current (or a similar software platform) data & analytics system.
- Experience with MS Office & Excel (need to ID all ESA necessary platforms).
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage a fair amount of project volume.
- Extreme sharp attention to detail.
- Negotiation & presentation skills.
- Align with ESA values.
Responsible for performing tasks related to Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions and providing back-up for the Settlement Coordinator as needed.
- Process disbursements for invoices in accordance with set practices.
- Ensure expenses and checks are assigned to proper accounts, that all client costs are properly recorded on the appropriate client matters and that all disbursements have required approvals.
- Maintain vendor files and documentation.
- Manage vendor W9 and 1099 process.
- Review and reconcile invoice discrepancies.
- Address and respond to vendor inquiries.
- Prepares cash receipts for same day deposit and associated journal entries and maintains daily deposit spreadsheet.
- Review expense reports for receipts and accurate general ledger coding in SAP Concur.
- May be asked to assist in the Firm credit card coding.
- Serve as back-up to various functions within the accounting department.
- Collaborates with other departments to support employees and client cases.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree in Accounting preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role preferred.
- Prior law firm experience a plus.
An equivalent combination of training and relevant work experience may be substituted for training/experience on a year-for-year basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- General knowledge of basic accounting principles and ESA policies as well as a general understanding of the relationship of general ledger, chart of accounts and accounting system.
- Detail-oriented, organized, motivated, meticulous, practical & flexible. Able to effectively handle multiple and shifting priorities and maintain professional composure while under stress or conflict.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, high energy and team-oriented environment. Able to produce high quality work under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- A resourceful self-starter who takes initiative to quickly assimilate and apply new knowledge.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to effectively communicate information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to develop relationships with coworkers, customers and colleagues. Builds trust, honors commitments and treats all with respect. Uses those skills to accurately accomplish tasks by the deadlines.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team. Able to resolve issues, manage conflict and be a problem solver.
- Demonstrates strong sense of customer service. Able to promote a collaborative and productive work culture. Exhibits behavior consistent with the ESA's core values.
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point), Internet, e-mail, database management and scheduling software programs. Experience with NAV, Case Management and other accounting interface and web applications preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Working at Edgar Snyder & Associates
Want to know what it's like to work at Edgar Snyder & Associates? Hear it straight from our staff:
"The best part of my job is having the satisfaction of knowing you've helped people through what may be one of the most difficult periods of their lives."
– Lisa S., Personal Injury Legal Assistant
"The people I work with are great – they are very caring and work very hard. There is always something new to learn, which keeps the job interesting."
– Arlene U., Personal Injury Legal Assistant
Giving Back to Our Communities
At Edgar Snyder & Associates, we want to be more than just a law firm that helps injured people – we also want to give back to the communities where we live and work.
Whether it’s through sponsorships, community service projects, or volunteering, we’re proud of everything our staff has done to create our culture of giving back. And we’re thankful for all that they continue to do to support our efforts.
You can learn more about our work in the community in the Giving Back section of our website.
Edgar Snyder & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Find out more about:
Thank you for your interest in the law firm of Edgar Snyder & Associates.