Edgar Snyder & Associates has once again been voted one of the Top Places to Work in Pittsburgh.
This honor is based on surveys that encourage employees to anonymously rate their workplaces based on a variety of characteristics. Comments from our attorneys and staff cited many benefits to working at the law firm, including activities to promote employee health and wellness as well as a commitment to community service.
At Edgar Snyder & Associates, we are proud of these awards. We believe the mark of a great business is happy, productive employees.
For the past 30 years, Edgar Snyder & Associates has built a culture of excellence and earned a reputation for taking care of clients and giving back to the community. We’ve built a team of professionals with laser focus on winning clients the resources they need to rebuild their lives. That team is comprised of high-achieving lawyers, paralegals, legal assistants, and other team members who provide a personal touch. We’re consistently ranked among the best places to work in Pittsburgh, and we strive to recognize and reward the focus and drive of our employees.
Learn more about our current openings:
1. Acting as a liaison between field investigators, attorneys, and legal staff
2. Facilitating scene investigations
3. Supervising and assisting with investigation tasks
4. Proactively managing the investigation system including ensuring that tickets are addressed and closed within the agreed upon SLA
5. Coordinating field investigators to ensure timely communication between the attorney and investigator is occurring relating to items that need collected for the case
6. Providing regular feedback and coaching to investigations staff and field investigators
7. Developing service level agreements between field investigators and attorneys related to turnaround time of certain items (i.e., photos, police reports, etc.)
8. Auditing and compliance of the investigation system
9. Developing department procedures, processes, and standards in conjunction with the Partners
1. Collaborates with other departments to support client cases.
2. Represents ESA within the community.
3. Responds to calls beyond standard business hours to support client cases.
4. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 7-10 years of experience as a Personal Injury legal assistant or paralegal
- High school diploma or GED required
- Understands how to build a PI case from scratch
- Communicating with witnesses and taking witness statements
- Managing people or providing mentoring to others
- Demonstrated track record of being able to execute tasks in a high volume, fast-paced work environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; gets along well with others and build relationships quickly
Critical behaviors for success in this role are:
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- The ability to prioritize and flex priorities at a moment’s notice
- Demonstrates initiative to improve one’s self and the department without being asked
- Sound judgement and critical thinking
- Superb follow up skills
- Ability to effectively communicate information between multiple parties
1. Organizes and maintains client files according to firm standards. Collects and files all letters, records, prelitigation/litigation related correspondence, investigations, pleadings, discovery, filings, writs/complaints and other relevant materials. Maintains files accurately and on a timely basis.
2. Transcribes all dictation accurately, expediently and in accordance with firm standards.
3. Schedules, prepares notices, and requests checks for depositions, mediations and other actions.
4. Orders, organizes, copies and reviews medical records as needed.
5. Enters all relevant case and client information into Needles in accordance with firm standards. Maintains a current Needles checklist.
6. Assists with preparing and filing pleadings, motions, briefs, forms, subpoenas and other trial related preparation as needed and requested.
7. Conducts non-legal computer research to support client cases with direction.
8. Generates and maintains settlement folder, client contact and all related documents to ensure that settlements are completed quickly and accurately.
9. Assists with opening, maintaining, and closing estate-related petitions and settlement documents.
10. Generates documentation and prepares correspondence related to referrals and rejections.
11. Performs administrative tasks for attorneys including, but not limited to, processing expenses, maintaining calendars, confirming and scheduling meetings, requesting and mailing invoice payments, proofreading documents, requesting witness fee checks, and coordinating attendance in accordance with subpoenas.
12. Provides administrative support including, but not limited to, typing, filing, preparing correspondence, assisting with reports, presentations, photocopying, faxing, collating, making travel arrangements, answering phones, recording messages and other activities.
- Minimum of two (2) years administrative experience in a law firm or in-house legal department preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of personal injury or related experience preferred.
- Associates' or technical degree preferred.
- An equivalent combination of training and relevant work experience may be substituted for training/experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Exhibits behavior consistent with ESA's core values of excellence, honesty & integrity, trust & fairness, client-centered, empathy and professionalism.
- Knowledge of the Personal Injury legal process, medical legal billing and coordination of benefits.
- Able to support preparation of documents with strict confidentiality, independently drafting for review and signature as needed. Able to transcribe dictation.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships with internal and external clients.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Able to effectively handle multiple and shifting priorities and maintain professional composure.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, high energy and team-oriented environment. Able to produce high quality work under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team; resolves issues, manages conflict and solve problems.
- Resourceful self-starter who takes initiative to quickly assimilate and apply new knowledge.
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Pro, Internet, E-mail, and other software as required.
Edgar Snyder & Associates is looking for a detail-oriented Firm Services Group intern for our Johnstown PA office.
Edgar Snyder & Associates is a plaintiff personal injury law firm with over 140 staff and five office locations. Anyone who lives in Western Pennsylvania and watches television will likely recognize Edgar Snyder as the injury lawyer who points and says: “There’s never a fee unless we get money for you.” For over 30 years, the law firm has represented over 40,000 accident victims as well as injured workers entitled to PA Workers’ Compensation benefits and people with disabilities who have been denied Social Security disability benefits.
The Firm Services Group intern will support the Firm Services Department: Closed Case Retention. The tasks of the role will include:
- Breaking down and scanning confidential files
- Moving file boxes
- Storing/organizing electronic documents
- Some administrative support, including typing, filing, preparing correspondence, mailing, inventory requests, photocopying, faxing, collating, answering phones, delivering messages and other activities.
- Assisting the department and firm with special projects, reports and other support requests
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to learn
- High School Diploma or GED
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to lift 20 pounds
- Scanning experience a plus
For consideration, please apply via the link provided.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Working at Edgar Snyder & Associates
Want to know what it's like to work at Edgar Snyder & Associates? Hear it straight from our staff:
"The best part of my job is having the satisfaction of knowing you've helped people through what may be one of the most difficult periods of their lives."
– Lisa S., Personal Injury Legal Assistant
"The people I work with are great – they are very caring and work very hard. There is always something new to learn, which keeps the job interesting."
– Arlene U., Personal Injury Legal Assistant
"I enjoy that the typical day is fast paced. Each day is exciting, and it makes the days and weeks simply fly by. And, ESA goes out of its way to make the office environment comfortable and enjoyable." – Attorney Lawrence Gurrera
Giving Back to Our Communities
At Edgar Snyder & Associates, we want to be more than just a law firm that helps injured people – we also want to give back to the communities where we live and work.
Whether it’s through sponsorships, community service projects, or volunteering, we’re proud of everything our staff has done to create our culture of giving back. And we’re thankful for all that they continue to do to support our efforts.
You can learn more about our work in the community in the Giving Back section of our website.
Edgar Snyder & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Find out more about:
Thank you for your interest in the law firm of Edgar Snyder & Associates.