Edgar Snyder & Associates has once again been voted one of the Top Places to Work in Pittsburgh.
This honor is based on surveys that encourage employees to anonymously rate their workplaces based on a variety of characteristics. Comments from our attorneys and staff cited many benefits to working at the law firm, including activities to promote employee health and wellness as well as a commitment to community service.
At Edgar Snyder & Associates, we are proud of these awards. We believe the mark of a great business is happy, productive employees.
For the past 30 years, Edgar Snyder & Associates has built a culture of excellence and earned a reputation for taking care of clients and giving back to the community. We’ve built a team of professionals with laser focus on winning clients the resources they need to rebuild their lives. That team is comprised of high-achieving lawyers, paralegals, legal assistants, and other team members who provide a personal touch. We’re consistently ranked among the best places to work in Pittsburgh, and we strive to recognize and reward the focus and drive of our employees.
Learn more about our current openings:
- Scheduled shift 10:30 AM - 7:00 PM
- Resolves all unknowns on inquiries to ensure excellence customer service, to include actions to complete missing or unknown information, 24-hour turnaround on unresolved calls, forwarding all calls to the appropriate attorney (phone or email).
- Tracks and responds to callers professionally and focused on customer service as well as obtaining all needed data for proper referral actions, to include accurate (less than 10% inaccuracies) completion of the Call Sheet, ensuring all callers understand his/her option and maintaining an average call of 18 minutes or less; reports weekly on all calls.
- Retrieves, tracks, reviews, responds (if necessary) to Web inquiries (or forwards for review) and reports (weekly) on Web actions.
- Acts as back-up for 1) data entry on PI cases when needed and 2) Receptionist when needed (if acting as Receptionist, also distributes new client calls and messages from the Call Center) and 3) Referral Assistant for messages that require transfer to appropriate staff.
- Assists the Senior Intake Specialist, when needed.
- Completes assigned work in a timely manner to build positive relationships.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in intake (call center) related duties, at a legal firm preferred.
- Paralegal degree/certificate preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- An equivalent combination of training and relevant work experience may be substituted for training/experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Knowledgeable and capable of handling calls for a variety of practice areas: Personal Injury, Workers Comp, Social Security and Mass Tort.
- Detail-oriented, organized, motivated, meticulous, practical & flexible. Able to effectively handle multiple and shifting priorities and maintain professional composure while under stress or conflict.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, high energy and team-oriented environment. Able to produce high quality work under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- A resourceful self-starter who takes initiative to quickly assimilate and apply new knowledge.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to effectively communicate information. Possesses fluency with spreadsheets, data collection and data presentation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to develop relationships with coworkers, customers and colleagues. Builds trust, honors commitments and treats all with respect. Uses those skills to accurately accomplish tasks by the deadlines.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team. Able to resolve issues, manage conflict and be a problem solver.
- Demonstrates strong sense of customer service both in-person and on the phone. Able to promote a collaborative and productive work culture. Exhibits behavior consistent with the ESA's core values.
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point), Adobe Pro, database management, Internet, E-mail, Needles and other software as required.
For consideration, please apply via the button below.
Edgar Snyder & Associates is looking for a detail-oriented Firm Services Group intern for our Johnstown PA office.
Edgar Snyder & Associates is a plaintiff personal injury law firm with over 140 staff and five office locations. Anyone who lives in Western Pennsylvania and watches television will likely recognize Edgar Snyder as the injury lawyer who points and says: “There’s never a fee unless we get money for you.” For over 30 years, the law firm has represented over 40,000 accident victims as well as injured workers entitled to PA Workers’ Compensation benefits and people with disabilities who have been denied Social Security disability benefits.
The Firm Services Group intern will support the Firm Services Department: Closed Case Retention. The tasks of the role will include:
- Breaking down and scanning confidential files
- Moving file boxes
- Storing/organizing electronic documents
- Some administrative support, including typing, filing, preparing correspondence, mailing, inventory requests, photocopying, faxing, collating, answering phones, delivering messages and other activities.
- Assisting the department and firm with special projects, reports and other support requests
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to learn
- High School Diploma or GED
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to lift 20 pounds
- Scanning experience a plus
For consideration, please apply via the link provided.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Working at Edgar Snyder & Associates
Want to know what it's like to work at Edgar Snyder & Associates? Hear it straight from our staff:
"The best part of my job is having the satisfaction of knowing you've helped people through what may be one of the most difficult periods of their lives."
– Lisa S., Personal Injury Legal Assistant
"The people I work with are great – they are very caring and work very hard. There is always something new to learn, which keeps the job interesting."
– Arlene U., Personal Injury Legal Assistant
"I enjoy that the typical day is fast paced. Each day is exciting, and it makes the days and weeks simply fly by. And, ESA goes out of its way to make the office environment comfortable and enjoyable." – Attorney Lawrence Gurrera
Giving Back to Our Communities
At Edgar Snyder & Associates, we want to be more than just a law firm that helps injured people – we also want to give back to the communities where we live and work.
Whether it’s through sponsorships, community service projects, or volunteering, we’re proud of everything our staff has done to create our culture of giving back. And we’re thankful for all that they continue to do to support our efforts.
You can learn more about our work in the community in the Giving Back section of our website.
Edgar Snyder & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Find out more about:
Thank you for your interest in the law firm of Edgar Snyder & Associates.