Defective Seat Belt Injuries
You know the signs along the highways. You've seen commercials on TV. You probably know it's the law. Seat belts save lives, and you should wear yours every time you're in the car.
Buckling your seat belt is something many of us automatically do when we get into a vehicle. You trust that it will keep you safe if you're in a car accident.
How can a seat belt hurt someone?
- Passive Restraint Systems – Did you ever ride in a car where the shoulder harness automatically slides down when you close the door? That's a passive restraint system. Since the shoulder harness slides down automatically, it's easy to forget to buckle the lap belt. If you're in a car with a passive restraint system and you get in an accident, the automatic shoulder belt might not be enough to restrain your body. Severe injuries can include decapitation, strangulation, paralysis, and liver lacerations.
- Tension-Relieving Devices – A tension-relieving device creates slack on the shoulder belt to keep it from restricting your movement. Also called a "windowshade," a faulty device can leave too much slack in the belt and fail to protect you like it should. If there's a defect, you can suffer from severe abdominal, spinal cord, traumatic brain, and facial injuries
- Defective Buckles – The click of a seat belt buckle is normally the sign that you're ready to be on your way. However, if the buckle doesn't work properly, it may release upon an impact, causing severe injuries like decapitation, strangulation, paralysis, and liver lacerations.
- Ripped or Torn Straps – Sometimes rips and tears can form on seat belt straps, and they may not hold you if you're in a car accident. Always be on the lookout for ripped or torn straps.
If you were seriously injured in a car accident because of a seat belt defect, you may have a case against the manufacturer, supplier, or distributor of the seat belt.
Even though the company probably didn't cause the collision itself, they can be held responsible if the seat belt defect made your injuries worse.
Rely on Our Attorneys to Fight for You
For over 35 years, Edgar Snyder & Associates has helped victims hurt by defective products get the money they deserve. Product injury cases are complex, and it's very hard to go up against huge manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, and insurance companies alone. There are so many opportunities to make mistakes that you could lose your case quickly if you don't know every angle.
You've suffered enough, and the last thing you need is more stress in your life. That's where we come in. From the minute you hire Edgar Snyder & Associates, we go to work for you:
- Standing up for you when you need it most
- Fighting the insurance companies that may not consider how serious your injuries are
- Gathering all the evidence and details to build your product injury case
- Helping you handle your medical bills and paperwork
- Answering your questions and tracking deadlines
- Covering upfront costs of your case
- And more
With our law firm on your side, you can take back your life. You can get the compensation you deserve for your injuries and medical bills. You can focus on what's most important – your health.
And remember, there's never a fee unless we get money for you.
Take Back Your Life – Get a Free Legal Consultation Now
If you or someone you care about have been seriously injured in a car accident because of a defective seat belt, don't wait to find help.
Contact us for your free legal consultation. There are no strings attached, and you're not obligated to use our services. Let us help you get back on track after your accident – get in touch with us today.