Meet Workers Comp Attorney John Belak
Attorney at Law
Attorney John Belak listens to his clients' concerns and takes the time to explain the legal consequences of their decisions. He wants them to understand exactly what's happening with their work comp claim and why.
Attorney Belak is certified as a specialist in the practice of workers’ compensation law by the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Section on Workers’ Compensation Law. He was voted for inclusion in the 2013 - 2019 editions of The Best Lawyers in America®, an honor based on rigorous peer review. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers "the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice."
Attorney Belak represents clients in cases involving:
- Workers Compensation, including obtaining and retaining work comp benefits
- Social Security Disability claims
Prior to representing injured workers at the law firm of Edgar Snyder & Associates, Attorney Belak was Regional Counsel for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for the Workers Compensation Judges in Western Pennsylvania from 1987 through 1989.
Education and Licensing
- Attorney Belak received his Juris Doctor from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law.
- He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from Indiana University of Pennsylvania.
- He is licensed to practice law in all Pennsylvania State and Federal Courts.
Professional Honors and Memberships
- Certified as a specialist in the practice of workers’ compensation law by the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Section on Workers’ Compensation Law
- 2013 - 2019 Best Lawyers in America®
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Chairman, Workers Compensation Section of the Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers of America
- American Association for Justice
- Workers Compensation Section Counsel Member from 2000-2002 for the Allegheny County Bar Association
- Certification for the Federal Bar Association under the Federal Alternative Dispute Resolution Counsel
- Speaker at the Annual Bureau of Workers Compensation Conference in Hershey, PA
Attorney Belak was a presiding judge at the American Mock Trial Association Regional Tournament held at Indiana University of Pennsylvania.