Slip and Fall Accident Steps
Know What to Do After a Slip and Fall Accident
Slip and fall accidents are especially troublesome, because they can happen anywhere to anyone. The weather doesn't have to be snowy or icy to cause a fall. The truth is that most of us will suffer a fall at some point in our lives – and it most likely won't be your fault.
Buildings, homes, parking lots, and walkways must maintain a level of safety for those who travel on their premises. This is referred to as premises liability. It means that if you're injured on someone's property – due to their negligence – you could be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost time at work, and more.
The first steps you take following a slip and fall accident are crucial to building your case. That's why we've put together a list of 7 steps to take after a slip and fall accident.
7 Steps for After a Slip and Fall Accident
- Medical Help – Your health – or the health of a friend of loved one – is your top priority. Seek medical attention immediately. With your injuries documented, you'll be able to provide proof if you choose to seek compensation for your medical bills.
- Report It – If you fell in a store, apartment building, your friend's house, or anywhere else, make sure you report it to the manager, owner, or landlord. Ask the business manager or landlord to make a report of the accident and obtain a copy before you leave.
- Keep Calm – If you're injured on a homeowner's property, remain calm and limit your communication with them for the time being. Don't get angry or upset, because it won't change what's already happen. Focus on what's important: getting treatment for your injuries.
- Take Photos – Document the EXACT location where you fell, including stairs, railings, ice patches, or any other condition that contributed to the fall. It's important to document the date and time of your accident, because evidence can disappear and conditions can change.
- Get the Info – Collect names, phone numbers, and addresses of any possible witnesses. This will help prove your version of events down the road.
- Shoes and Clothing – Place the shoes and clothing you were wearing during the accident in a safe storage place. They may be relevant evidence at a later date.
- Call an Attorney – When considering legal action, the best person on your side is an experienced attorney. Since many slip and fall cases are difficult to prove, you need the resources of a successful law firm. We have the experience, knowledge, and history of success to recover the money you deserve.
Slip and Fall Accident? Get the Money You Deserve
With our law firm, you'll get experienced, successful legal professionals who have the resources to win your case. Your team will be with you from start to finish. Don't get stuck paying medical bills from an accident caused by somebody else.
And remember, we're available day or night to help. Just pick up the phone or contact us online to get the legal help you deserve.