Helping Friends or Family Members
Was Your Friend or Loved One Injured in a Car Accident?
The injuries suffered from a car accident can be overwhelming. With medical visits, surgeries, physical therapy, and all the other obstacles on the road to recovery, it can be difficult to even consider contacting an attorney. If you have a friend, or a loved one, dealing with the aftermath of a car accident injury, we understand that you want what's best for them. We're here to help.
My attorney was able to take himself out of his attorney role and put someone else's shoes on. Mother of a passenger accident victim
Indiana County, PA
Contact our legal professionals for a free consultation. We'll help answer your friend or loved one's legal questions and examine the unique situation of their accident. Contact us at 1-866-943-3427 or simply complete the form located on the right. We're available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Don't hesitate to call us today.
What Can You Do for a Friend or Family Member?
The days after an accident can be hectic and stressful. Your friend or relative is probably dealing with the pain of their injuries, not to mention the mounting medical bills and pushy insurance agents knocking at their door. As a loved one looking on, all you want to do is help them get back to a normal life.
There are a few things you can do to help:
- Make time to discuss hiring an attorney with your friend or loved one. Ultimately, it's their decision, but be sure they understand the time limits for their injury claim. Evidence can disappear quickly. By calling us, we can send our investigators out quickly to prevent that from happening.
- If they decide to hire an attorney, listen to their point of view and help them organize their information as best you can. Remember to include details about:
- Unpaid Medical Bills
- Past/Future Surgeries
- Lost Wages
- Future Healthcare Costs
- Physical Therapy
- Damage to Their Car
- And more
- Help them understand what to say and sign when dealing with an insurance company. Here are a few reminders:
- Review All Paperwork with an Attorney
- Never Record a Statement
- Call for Legal Help Immediately
- Provide your friend or loved one with resources about their situation. We have great information for car accident victims. Check out the following pages: