Meet Personal Injury Attorney Cynthia Danel, Named 2012 Lawyer of the Year
Attorney Cynthia Danel has an AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest possible rating based on legal ability and general ethical standards. She made the list of Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, an honor awarded to the top five percent of state-wide lawyers, from 2005-2013. Attorney Danel has also been honored on the Super Lawyers list of Top 50 Women Attorneys in Pennsylvania from 2008-2013. In addition, she was included on the list of Top 100 Attorneys in Pennsylvania for 2011-2013 and the list of Top 50 Attorneys in Pittsburgh from 2009-2013.
She was voted for inclusion in the 2011-2013 editions of The Best Lawyers in America®, an honor based on rigorous peer review, and was selected as their 2012 “Pittsburgh Personal Injury Litigation Lawyer of the Year.” Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers "the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice."
Attorney Danel is a Charter Fellow in the Litigation Counsel of America. The Litigation Counsel of America is a trial lawyer honorary society composed of less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers, limited to fewer than 3,500 Fellows. Membership is by invitation only.
Attorney Danel has tried numerous cases to verdict before a jury and has tried numerous insurance arbitration cases in Allegheny County and counties in Western and Central Pennsylvania. She has mediated and settled hundreds of cases, resulting in substantial recoveries for her clients. She has also successfully argued appellate (relating to appeals) cases before both the Superior and Supreme Courts of Pennsylvania.
Professional Honors and Memberships
- AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- 2011-2013 Best Lawyers in America®
- 2012 “Pittsburgh Best Lawyers Personal Injury Litigation Lawyer of the Year”
- 2005-2013 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Super Lawyers Top 100 Attorneys in Pennsylvania for 2011-2013
- Super Lawyers Top 50 Female Attorneys in Pennsylvania for 2008-2013
- Super Lawyers Top 50 Attorneys in Pittsburgh for 2009-2013
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, Past President
- Board-Certified as a Civil Trial Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Board of Governors
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- West Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- 2004 Outstanding Alumni Award, Pennsylvania State University
- Alumni Fellow, Pennsylvania State University
Education and Licensing
Attorney Danel received both a Bachelor of Arts and a Master of Arts degree in Speech Communication from Pennsylvania State University. She received her Juris Doctor degree from Duquesne University School of Law. She is licensed to practice law in the State and Federal Courts of both Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
In the News
Attorney Danel is highly respected in the legal community and has been interviewed by the media on a variety of topics related to injury law. A sampling follows:
Slip and Fall Accidents — “No Fee TV” — PCNC
Spring and Summer Injury Prevention — “No Fee TV” — PCNC
What to Do After An Accident — “No Fee TV” — PCNC
Attorney Danel is a frequent lecturer for both local and state trial attorney organizations and has lectured on numerous topics including changes in the law on automobile insurance, demonstrative evidence, and uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage issues. She also has traveled to local high schools to talk about driving dangers and injury prevention.
Attorney Danel participates in the Make-A-Wish Foundation, the Greater Pittsburgh Literacy Council, and the Pennsylvania State University Career Counseling Panel.
She has also served as a judge participant in the Allegheny County High School Moot Court Competition, the University of Pittsburgh Moot Court Competition, and is a former chairperson of the High School Essay Contest run by the Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association.