Slip and Fall Statistics
At Edgar Snyder & Associates, we’ve seen and helped hundreds of accident victims who were injured when they slipped and fell, or tripped and fell – at a house, on a sidewalk, at a shopping center, or anywhere else. We know how devastating these accidents can be, both for the person injured and his or her family. Unfortunately, slip and fall accidents are very common — as you’ll see with these statistics below.
If you, or someone you love, have been injured in a slip and fall accident, you may have a case. There’s only one way to find out — with our free legal evaluation. We’ll tell you if we think you have a case and answer your questions, and you’re not obligated to use our services.
Looking for more statistics? View our accident statistics page.
Injury Statistics for Slip and Fall Accidents
- Slip, trip, and fall injuries make up approximately 15% of all job-related injuries.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, over one million Americans suffer a slip, trip, or fall injury every year. More than 17,000 people die annually from a slip and fall accident.
- Nearly 1,800 people die every year from falls and fall-related injuries in nursing homes across the United States.
- Falls are the leading cause of non-fatal medically treated injuries in the U.S.
- One in three people over age 65 falls every year — many times they are repeat falls.
- About 57% of fall injury episodes occurred due to slipping, tripping, or stumbling. Most of these falls occurred at home — 50% occurred inside the home, and 24% occurred around or close to the outside of the home.
- Over half of the fall injuries occurred on the floor or level ground. About 16% occurred on stairs or an escalator, 8% were associated with curbs and furniture, 29% occurred when an older adult was working around the house or yard, and over 20% occurred while the person was engaged in leisure activities.
Slip and Fall Accident Victim? Get a Free Legal Evaluation
Slip and fall accidents are common, but they can be very serious. In many cases, they change lives forever.
If you, or someone you love, were injured in a slip and fall accident, you may have a case. Call 1-866-9-4EDGAR (1-866-943-3427), or fill out the form at the top right of this webpage for a free legal evaluation. Our phones answer 24/7, and there’s no obligation to use our services. Let our experienced attorneys at Edgar Snyder & Associates help get you money to pay your medical bills and move on with your life.