Filing a Claim

Workers Comp Claim Form

How Do I File a Workers' Compensation Claim?

After an injury at work, it can be a complicated process to file your workers' compensation claim. While staring at confusing paperwork filled with legal jargon, you might wonder where to turn for help. We're here for you and will help you understand your claim. We can take away the hassle of applying for workers' compensation and get you the money you deserve.

We have legal professionals standing by to answer your questions. Our consultations are completely free, and there's no obligation to use our services. Contact us at 412-394-1000 or simply fill out our free online legal consultation located in the top right corner of this page.

Simple Steps to Follow

There are 3 steps you should follow immediately after a workplace injury or illness:

  1. Seek medical attention
  2. Inform your employer of the illness or injury
  3. Contact an attorney with questions

We're here to help with any workers' compensation questions. Did you know that it's necessary to report your injury to your employer within 120 days of the accident? Without reporting your injury or illness within that 120-day window, you could lose out on all of your compensation benefits.

There are many important deadlines for workers' compensation claims, and we're here to help you meet all of them.

We'll Get You the Benefits You Need

Most employers' insurance companies won't tell you that there are different types of benefits for workers' compensation, but you could stand to collect money for different claim types:

  • Lost Wages – The type of workers' compensation benefits most are familiar with; this will help to replace your gross weekly wages.
  • Scar – If you've suffered scarring to your head, face, or neck, you could collect additional compensation benefits.
  • Specific Loss – Permanent damage to a body part, including amputation, could provide you with a lump sum payment in addition to workers' compensation.
  • Lump Sum Payments – Also known as "Compromise & Release," it's important to consider all of your future needs before accepting a lump sum settlement. If you take the offer, you won't be able to collect ongoing workers' compensation. We suggest you contact an attorney before signing anything.

Petitions to Your Claim

There are times when your employer will submit a petition to modify, suspend, or terminate your workers' compensation claim. It will affect your payments as follows:

  • Modify – Your employer files a petition to reduce your payments.
  • Suspend – Your employer files a petition to have your payments stopped until determined by a hearing.
  • Terminate – Your employer files a petition to stop your compensation payments.

If you receive notice of your employer filing a petition against your workers' compensation claim, we recommend contacting an attorney immediately. If you call us, we'll get to work to keep your benefits active.