How Much Does it Cost to Hire a Work Comp Attorney?
Anyone Can Afford to Hire Our Law Firm
Many people get their ideas of attorneys from movies and TV. From high-tension courtroom scenes to last minute plot twists, a lot of the things people "know" about lawyers have very little to do with the reality of practicing law. One of the big myths we hear is that you have to be wealthy to hire an attorney.
While some firms do bill clients an hourly rate or charge people upfront, we don't. We work on what's called a "contingency fee." That means that you don't pay us a thing unless and until we win your claim.
- There are no hourly fees
- There are no retainer fees
- There are no upfront costs
- There are no hidden costs
Even our legal consultation is free, so if you have questions about your Pennsylvania work comp claim, get in touch with us. We can help if your claim was denied or if you need help filing one. Call us at 1-866-943-3427 or fill out the form to the right.
Contingency fees allow you to choose your lawyer based on experience and track record instead of how much it costs. You can hire the best law firm to handle your claim and not worry that it will interfere with your ability to pay bills or take care of your family.
Since you don't have to worry about how much it will cost to hire us, the only thing that's left to consider is what you stand to lose if you don't.
The majority of all injuries and illnesses caused by a work-related accident or a condition are covered under Pennsylvania workers' compensation. You may request workers' compensation payments even if you are at fault for your work injury.
The only injuries that may occur in the workplace and are not covered under workers' compensation are:
- Injuries that are intentionally self-inflicted, including suicide
- Injuries caused by your own intoxication or illegal drug use
- Injuries that result when a co-worker attacks you for personal reasons
- Injuries that result when a person unrelated to your employer or your workplace attacks you for some reason not related to your job
- Injuries caused by breaking the law
Furthermore, accidents that occur while traveling to or from work or during breaks generally do not qualify for Pennsylvania workers' compensation.
Not Hiring a Work Comp Attorney Could Cost You
We can't tell you how many times we've heard clients say, "I thought I could handle it on my own." It's an understandable assumption, but people quickly learn that their employer's insurance company is just that – their employer's insurance company. Once you file your claim, you become the opposition, and it's their job to win.
They have a number of tactics they can use to get the upper hand – from delaying your claim to offering you lowball lump sum settlements – and they bet on you not taking a stand against them.
What's more, if you end up at a workers' compensation hearing without an attorney, it's likely that the judge will advise you to hire a lawyer before you proceed. That's because they've seen both sides of the system at work and understand that an experienced workers' compensation attorney will give you the best chance of getting the benefits you deserve.
What We Do to Win Your Case
We've been handling Pennsylvania workers' compensation claims for decades. After helping over 8,000 injured workers, we know what it takes to get the job done.
- We gather medical evidence and medical records
- We deal with your employer's insurance company
- We complete the claim petition and submit it for you
- We contact medical providers and handle the paperwork
- We answer your questions about your claim
- We monitor your case and keep you updated on its progress
- We keep track of unpaid bills while the case is pending and protect you from collection agencies
- We help you prepare for the hearing with the workers' compensation judge
- We schedule physician depositions – where your doctor(s) talk about your injury and treatment
- And more
In addition to all of this, we give you peace of mind. We can't tell you the relief we've seen on clients' faces when they realize that they don't have to fight through the work comp system any more.
If you hire us, you'll know that your claim is being handled by an entire team of professionals – from attorneys to support staff – who do this day in and day out. You can focus on yourself and your health and let us handle your workers' compensation claim.