Uninsured Employer


My Boss Doesn't Have Work Comp Insurance... Is There Anything I Do?

We've handled so many Pennsylvania workers' compensation claims that there isn't much that surprises us. We know that for you, however, the process can seem like one roadblock after another. The system is complex and really is stacked against the injured worker.

One of those roadblocks might be particularly shocking to you – an uninsured employer.

Under Pennsylvania law, most employers are required to purchase workers' compensation insurance. But just like uninsured drivers, some employers don't meet their legal obligations. You can check to see if your employer has insurance by going to the Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry website.

So what can you do if you were injured on the job, but your employer or boss doesn't have workers' compensation insurance?

We recommend that you consult an experienced workers' compensation attorney right away to learn your options and protect your legal rights.

After helping over 8,000 clients with their workers' compensation claims, not only do we know our state's laws, we know what you want and need out of an attorney. We keep you updated every step of the way, we explain what's happening with your claim, and we make sure you understand what can happen down the road.

You can ask us any question you have about your workers' compensation claim, and that starts with our free legal consultation. Call us at 1-866-943-3427 or fill out a free legal consultation.

We're available 24/7, and there's absolutely no obligation to use our services.

The Uninsured Employer Guaranty Fund

If you consult an attorney and learn that there are no other options, you can apply for benefits from the Uninsured Employer Guaranty Fund.

The most important thing is to act quickly. You only have 45 days after you learn your employer is uninsured to file your benefits claim with the Guaranty Fund. As with any other workers' compensation claim, you must also file an accident report with your employer within the first 120 days following your accident at work.

You must file a claim with the Department of Labor & Industry to petition payment from the Pennsylvania Uninsured Employer Guaranty Fund. You are also obligated to file a "notice of claim" against your uninsured employer.

Free Case Review
First Name
Last Name
Briefly describe your injuries