Pittsburgh Truck Accident Attorneys
Injured by a Semi Truck? Our Pittsburgh Truck Attorneys Can Help
Pittsburgh's streets and highways are certainly one of a kind. Sometimes they can be narrow and confusing, not to mention downright dangerous when you have to share the road with a big rig or tractor-trailer.
Pittsburgh is filled with hills and valleys, which can make driving next to a semi truck very difficult. While all these elements help to make our city unique, under the wrong circumstances they can lead to serious truck accidents causing life-changing injuries.
Our Pittsburgh truck accident attorneys have over 30 years of experience handling truck accident cases. They know the ins and outs of trucking laws and safety regulations. We can deal with aggressive truck companies that want to settle your claim for cheap.
Call 1-866-943-3427 for a free consultation if you've been injured. Our Pittsburgh truck attorneys are standing by 24/7. We're ready to help. Reach us online by completing the form to the right.
Truck Accidents in Pittsburgh
Nearly 400,000 big trucks and semis are involved in accidents every year. In Pittsburgh, we see our fair share of these accidents. In fact, as the rest of Pennsylvania saw truck accidents decline, Pittsburgh's truck accidents rose 18%.
Here are just some of the truck accidents that have happened in the Pittsburgh region:
- A runaway semi-truck crashed into six cars, two school buses, and someone's home in Pittsburgh's West End near Greentree Road. An investigation into the trucking company found that 41 percent of its fleet was taken out of service and 22 percent of its drivers were taken out of service during the previous two years.
- A cement truck blew a tire in Big Beaver Borough on I-376. The driver was fatally injured.
- The driver of a box truck lost control on Perrysville Highway and collided with another vehicle. Investigators said that it appeared the truck was traveling too fast for the roadway.
- A tri-axle truck crashed into a pole in Hays, bringing down power lines. Police believed the truck driver fell asleep at the wheel.
- A tractor-trailer collided with an SUV on Forbes Avenue in Pittsburgh's Uptown region.
- Multiple tractor-trailer crashes have occurred on Route 28, resulting in injuries and road closures.
- A tractor-trailer collided with a bus on Butler Street in Lawrenceville, injuring some of the bus passengers.
Common Truck Accident Causes
There are many factors involved in a truck accident. Some common causes include:
- Improperly loaded cargo
- Unevenly distributed weight
- Falling cargo
- Worn tires
- Defective or worn brakes
- Driver fatigue
- Unrealistic delivery deadlines
- Inadequate driver training
- And more
Common Truck Accident Injuries
Due to the size of semi trucks and tractor-trailers, the injuries they can cause are often severe and life changing. These are a few common truck accident injuries:
There are instances when truck crashes result in the unthinkable – the sudden loss of a loved one. Dealing with the wrongful death of a close family member or friend can be a painful, frustrating time. If you're considering representation for a deceased loved one, our law firm can help.
To find out more, visit our webpage regarding Wrongful Death lawsuits.
Get a Free Legal Consultation Any Time
Our Pittsburgh truck accident attorneys are ready to help with your case. Call our law firm for your free consultation. There's no obligation when you call, and it's always free to speak with our legal professionals.
We're available around the clock, so call us any time.