Dangerous and Defective Toys
Was Your Child Injured Because of a Defective or Dangerous Toy?
Getting a new toy is always a happy moment for a child. The look in their eyes, the excitement of finally tearing into the packaging, being able to play and create memories – it's no wonder that your children love playing with their toys. As parents, you can play along with them or even take a moment relax. You shouldn't have to worry that your child's toys are dangerous.
However, sometimes toys can pose serious threats to your child's wellbeing. If your son or daughter was injured by a defective or recalled toy, you know the frustration and anger associated with this difficult situation. Toys are meant to bring smiles and laughter, not tears and pain.
Possible Defects and Dangers in Children's Toys
- Choking Hazards – Tiny pieces and detachable parts can pose serious choking threats to children who might not know better.
- Sharp, Pointed Edges – Points and sharp edges can be hazardous to children of all ages. They can cause cuts, punctures, or much worse.
- Missing Warning Label – Toys should be labeled to alert parents to any possible risks or dangers involved with the product. Look for related ages on packaging as well.
- Hearing Damage – Some toys come with loud sirens and alarms that can cause hearing damage to children.
- Overheating – Some battery-powered toys can overheat and cause severe burns to children.
- Dangerous Packaging – Some packaging can be extremely dangerous, causing possible suffocation or injury.
Common Types of Defective Toys
Any toy could pose a risk, but some of the common types of defective toys include:
- Stuffed animals
- Kitchen sets
- Rocking horses
- Magnetic balls
- Second-hand toys
- Toy guns
- Swimming pool toys
- And many more
Always be on the lookout for any recalls you see in the news or visit the Consumer Product Safety Commission for a list of recently recalled products.
Contact Us If a Defective Toy Injured Your Child
Our legal professionals are standing by to help with your case. An injury to your child can be frustrating and scary. We'll handle the hassles; we'll deal with the manufacturer, and our attorneys will fight to recover the maximum amount of money for you and your family. Check out our verdicts and settlements page for examples of cases we've won.
There's never a fee unless we recover money for your child's injuries. Until we win your case, there's no cost to you. That's our guarantee. Don't hesitate to contact us. We're available around the clock.