Attorney Michael Rosenzweig [Partner]
Oftentimes when people are badly hurt, they have all these different things that race through their head that they think should be done and can be done. And if they don't get resolution, then throughout their entire life they wonder, "could I have brought a claim against this person? Could I have pursued this? Could I have done this?" And it haunts people. Our job is to address every one of those could'ves and should'ves, take them down there logical paths, and get the clients and ourselves to be convinced that there was nothing more that can be done. I want my clients to know that everything that could be done for them, our firm did for them. I don't want them to second-guess throughout their life that had I only hired a different law firm, had I only hired a better lawyer. When you come to our firm, you've hired the right law firm. You've hired the right lawyer.
Meet Partner Michael Rosenzweig
Attorney Michael Rosenzweig, the firm's Co-Managing Partner, has an AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest possible rating based on legal ability and general ethical standards. He has also been honored as a Fellow of the Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County since 2002.
He is a Board-Certified Civil Trial Advocate and has been selected to the list of Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, an honor awarded to the top five percent of state-wide attorneys, from 2005 - 2020. Based on the results of the Super Lawyers selection process, Attorney Rosenzweig is listed as one of the Top 100 Attorneys in Pennsylvania for 2010 - 2020 and one of the Top 50 Attorneys in Pittsburgh for 2008 - 2020.
Attorney Rosenzweig has also been selected for inclusion in the 2010 - 2021 editions of The Best Lawyers in America®, an honor based on rigorous peer review, in two categories: Plaintiff's Personal Injury and Products Liability. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers "the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice."
Attorney Rosenzweig works hard to recover the money damages our clients deserve through settlements or jury verdicts. His accomplishments include six, seven, and eight-figure verdicts. He has successfully tried jury trials in both Pennsylvania and West Virginia courts.
He is an Adjunct Professor of Law at the University of Pittsburgh School of Law.
Professional Honors and Memberships
- AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- 2010 - 2021 Best Lawyers in America®
- 2005 - 2020 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Super Lawyers Top 100 Attorneys in Pennsylvania for 2010 - 2020
- Super Lawyers Top 50 Attorneys in Pittsburgh for 2008 - 2020
- Board-Certified as a Civil Trial Advocate and Civil Pretrial Practice Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County, Fellow
- Top 100 Trial Lawyer, The National Trial Lawyers
- 2014 Lawyer of the Year - Mining Law, Corporate LiveWire
- American Association for Justice
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, President's Club Member
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- West Virginia Bar Association
Education and Licensing
Attorney Rosenzweig graduated magna cum laude and received a Bachelor of Arts in 1981 from the University of Pittsburgh with dual major in history and political science. In 1984, he received his Juris Doctor from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law. He is licensed to practice law in all State and Federal Courts of both Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
In the News
Attorney Rosenzweig is highly respected in the legal community and is often interviewed by the media on a variety of topics related to injury law and our firm's work in the community. Below is a sampling:
- Firm & Commuinty Response to COVID-19 -- WPXI
- Cam Heyward and Edgar Snyder & Associates -- Pittsburgh Today Live
- "Low T" Lawsuits -- The Legal Intelligencer
- "Changes to Penn Township's Snyder Road Considered" -- Your Penn-Trafford, Pittsburgh Tribune Review
Drunk Driving Crashes and Social Host Alcohol Law
- "PennDOT, Police Start Operation Safe Holiday" -- The Pitt News
- "Are You Responsible for New Year's Eve Guests Who Drink?" -- CBS News | video
- Underage drinking and holiday Social Host Liability -- WRRK-FM & WLTJ-FM
- Motorcycles and Road Hazards -- RoadHogs
- Motorcycle Safety Courses & Potholes -- RoadHogs
- Motorcycle Safety and Local Events -- RoadHogs
- Dangers of Not Being Seen -- RoadHogs
- Active Scanning and Unsafe Road Conditions -- RoadHogs
- Proper Riding Gear and Pennsylvania Helmet Laws -- RoadHogs
- Law Firm History and Becoming a Partner -- RoadHogs
- Becoming a Lawyer and Representing Motorcyclists -- RoadHogs
Pittsburgh Ride Sharing Companies
- "Ride-share companies to operate despite order" -- WTAE News
Motorcycle Safety & Accident Prevention
- Kick Off Riding Season With Safety in Mind! -- Wing World
- Bikers - Are You Protected? -- Motorcycle-USA
- Boomer Bikers: Keep Motorcycle Safety a Priority -- Grand Strand Boomers
- Motorcycles, Injury Prevention, and Safety -- Oh My! -- Pittsburgh HealthCare Report
- Motorcycle Insurance 101: Street Savvy -- Motorcyclist
- Choosing Motorcycle Insurance -- Road Runner
- Navigate the Road With Safety in Mind -- Road Runner
- How to Protect Your Legal Rights -- Road Runner
- Protecting Your Rights as a Passenger -- Road Runner
- Safety Checklist for Spring -- Road Runner
- Motorcycle Safety Protects You Legally as Well -- Road Runner
- Motorcycle Riding in Construction Zones -- Road Runner
- After a Motorcycle Accident: Insurance Q & A -- Road Runner
- Hit-and-Run Motorcycle Accidents -- Road Runner
- Riding Sober and Legal Responsibilities -- Road Runner
- Motorcycle Licensing Laws Are Different for Teen Riders -- Road Runner
- A Motorcyclist's Life: Riding With Young Passengers -- Road Runner
- Buying a Used Motorcycle? What You Should Know -- Road Runner
- Common Motorcycle Insurance Questions Answered -- Road Runner
- Custom Motorcycle Registration -- Road Runner
Summer Vacation Accidents
- What to Do When an Accident Interrupts Your Summer Vacation -- Pittsburgh HealthCare Report
- Boomers, Let's Talk Summer Vacation Safety -- Grand Strand Boomers
- What to Do if You're Injured in an Accident on Vacation -- Pittsburgh Better Times
Attorney Rosenzweig is a frequent lecturer for both local and state trial attorney organizations. He has lectured, planned seminars, and written seminar materials for various legal organizations including the following:
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy – Pittsburgh Regional Trial Program
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute – Lights, Camera, Evidence! (speaking and course material preparation)
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute – Distracted Driving Seminar
- Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County – "Trials in the Real World: How Things Are Done in Federal Court in Western PA"
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice – What's It Worth – Evaluating & Settling Personal Injury Cases
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association – Auto Law Practice Tips and "Proving Hidden Damages"
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association – What's It Worth – prepared materials and hypothetical questions for use by attorneys in establishing values for illustrative case seniors
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute – Obtaining Court Approval to Settle Wrongful Death and Minor's Claims (Court Approval of Wrongful Death/Survival Action Claims)
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association – What's It Worth - Ethical Issues Presented in Settlement of Personal Injury Case
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association – Liens, Subrogation and Joint Tortfeasor Releases – Avoiding Pitfalls in Subrogation Arising Out of Personal Injury Cases
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association – Demonstrative Evidence – Show and Tell for the Jury
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice Annual Update of the Law Seminar - 2010 Civil Practice and Procedure Update
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice Annual Update of the Law Seminar - 2011 Civil Practice and Procedure Update
- Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County - Moderator at the Annual Spring Symposium on Civil Trial Practice
Attorney Rosenzweig has also lectured extensively to community groups and other interested groups regarding insurance and general legal matters.
Attorney Rosenzweig spends much of his free time volunteering for non-profit organizations throughout western Pennsylvania. He has and continues to serve on the boards of local non-profit institutions. He was born and raised in Pittsburgh, PA.