Meet Workers' Comp Attorney Jeanmarie Larkin
Attorney at Law
At Edgar Snyder & Associates, Jeanmarie Larkin is dedicated to helping people who've been injured on the job. She works to get them the workers' compensation benefits they deserve.
Attorney Larkin, who has worked in the legal industry for nearly 10 years, began her tenure at Edgar Snyder & Associates in February 2014 as a workers' compensation paralegal. While working full time as a paralegal, she studied for her law degree.What is your work philosophy?
"As an attorney it is important to keep in mind that this may be a job for us, but for our clients, this is their life."Attorney Larkin
Education and Licensing
- Attorney Larkin earned her Juris Doctor from the Duquesne University School of Law.
- She earned her undergraduate degree in legal studies from the University of Pittsburgh, where she graduated magna cum laude.
- Attorney Larkin received her associate's degree in paralegal studies from the Community College of Allegheny County.
- Her academic career took her abroad, where she studied international arbitration and international human rights law in Ireland through Duquesne University's International Summer Study of Law Program.
- Attorney Larkin is licensed to practice law in the states of Pennsylvania and New York and in the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
Professional Honors and Memberships
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Attorney Larkin currently works with the Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council as a Volunteer Attorney for the Arts where she provides pro-bono legal assistance to low-income artists and small art-related non-profit groups. She is also involved in the Name Change Project that is facilitated through the Transgender Legal Defense and Education Fund in New York.
- While in school, she was part of the Pro Bono Expungement Program, volunteered for the Jewish Family & Children's Service of Pittsburgh's Green Card Program, facilitated by the Allegheny County Bar Association.
- Attorney Larkin also served as the vice president of the Student Bar Association at Duquesne University.