Attorney Dennis Liotta [Partner]
My name is Dennis Liotta. I’m a partner at Edgar Snyder & Associate, and since 1990 I've been manager of the workers’ compensation and social security disability departments. Why I became an attorney in the first place is that it's an incredibly rewarding profession to be able to help people in such a way that brings a lasting impact on their lives. Back in the 1980s I worked for a prominent Pittsburgh defense law firm and by working on the defense side you got a chance to see things that just really wasn't right, how they took advantage of injured workers. I mean these are people who were injured on the job. They did not go to work that day thinking, “Why, I want to get injured,” and unfortunately the insurance companies and the employers took advantage of them. And so, when Edgar gave me the opportunity to come work on the claimant side, it was an opportunity that I jumped at and I never looked back from that day forward.
Meet Partner Dennis Liotta, Workers' Compensation and Social Security Disability
Attorney Dennis Liotta has helped injured workers and people with physical and mental disabilities in Pennsylvania for over 20 years. He is certified as a specialist in the practice of workers’ compensation law by the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Section on Workers’ Compensation Law.
Attorney Liotta has an AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest possible rating based on legal ability and general ethical standards. He has also made the list of Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, an honor awarded to the top five percent of state-wide lawyers, every year since 2009.
Attorney Liotta was also voted for inclusion in the 2010 - 2022 editions of The Best Lawyers in America®, an honor based on rigorous peer review. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers "the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice."
He represents clients in cases involving:
- Pennsylvania Workers' Compensation, including obtaining and retaining work comp benefits for injured workers
- Social Security Disability claims for people with physical or mental disabilities who can't work full-time
Professional Honors and Memberships
- AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- Certified as a specialist in the practice of workers’ compensation law by the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Section on Workers’ Compensation Law
- 2010 - 2022 Best Lawyers in America®
- 2009 - 2021 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Top 100 Trial Lawyer, The National Trial Lawyers
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, President's Club Member
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives
Education and Licensing
Attorney Liotta received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Duquesne University and a Juris Doctor from the Duquesne University School of Law. He has also completed numerous advanced education training classes in Workers' Compensation and Social Security disability. He is licensed to practice law in all State and Federal Courts of Pennsylvania.
In the News
Attorney Liotta is highly respected in the legal community and has been featured in the media on various topics relating to Pennsylvania Workers' Compensation and Social Security disability. A sampling follows:
- Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
Social Security Disability
- Can't Work? You May Qualify for Social Security Disability Benefits -- InMotion Magazine, Amputee Coalition (page 40)
- MS Connection Magazine
- Are You Eligible for SSD Benefits? -- Special Living Magazine
- Grand Strand Boomers
- Can't Work? Where to Turn for Help -- Coping With Cancer Magazine
- Social Security Benefits -- PN Magazine
- Can't Work? Where to Turn for Help -- Real Health Magazine
- Spinal Cord Injury Survivors: You May be Eligible for Social Security Disability Benefits -- TheSciZone.com
- Spinal Cord Injury Victims: You May be Eligible for Social Security Disability Benefits -- Sci-Info Pages
- Tips to Get Approved for Social Security Disability Benefits -- Disaboom.com
- Social Security Disability: A Resource for Those Who Are Divorced, Separated, or Widowed -- Pittsburgh Better Times
- Can't Work Because of a Spinal Cord Injury? You May Be Eligible for Social Security Disability Benefits -- FacingDisability.com
- Social Security Disability -- Well Spouse
- Panelist, Current Trends in Workers' Compensation Management
- Multiple Sclerosis Support Group - Social Security Disability Benefits
- Jewish Family and Children's Services - Social Security Disability Benefits
- Stroke Survivor Support Group - Social Security Disability Benefits
Attorney Liotta volunteers for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. He was born and raised in New Kensington, PA, and now resides in Greensburg, Westmoreland County.