Do I Need a Lawyer?
Many people who became victims of nursing home abuse – from mild neglect to severe abuse – wonder if they need a lawyer. Every situation of nursing home abuse is different. You may simply want to tell someone about the nursing home's neglect, to prevent more problems in the future. Or, the unthinkable may have happened – your loved one may have died because of nursing home abuse.
There's only one way to find out if you need help from an experienced nursing home abuse attorney. Contact the Pennsylvania law firm of Edgar Snyder & Associates for a free legal consultation. There's no obligation, and you owe it to your loved one to learn your family's legal options.
You May Need a Lawyer if…
You may have a nursing home abuse case if the nursing home:
- Allowed one or more of the many types of nursing home abuse to occur
- Directly or indirectly caused injury to a resident
- Is understaffed – one of the most common reasons nursing home neglect occurs
The nursing home may not have directly caused injury to you or your loved one, but it can be held responsible if the nursing home:
- Failed to conduct background investigations on employees who have a history of physical abuse
- Failed to do a record check with the Pennsylvania State Licensing Division and the State Nurse's Aide Registry before hiring a new employee, who then abused you or your loved one
- Failed to properly supervise staff members
- Failed to hire sufficient supervisory staff
- Failed to properly train employees on how to spot abuse
- Failed to take the proper measures if you, a family member, another resident, or a staff member reported a case of potential abuse within the nursing home
There are so many case factors to consider with nursing home abuse, which is why these types of cases can be very complicated. It's absolutely necessary to hire an attorney to help you with your nursing home abuse case – be sure to choose a law firm with experience handling nursing home abuse cases.
At Edgar Snyder & Associates, we've been helping victims of nursing home abuse since 1982. From beginning to end, we handle every aspect of your case:
- You'll get a no obligation, free legal consultation to find out if you have a nursing home abuse case, get advice on what to do, and more.
- We gather evidence – previous documented complaints or cases against the nursing home, surveillance tapes, photos of injuries, medical records, etc.
- We protect your legal rights, whether the case settles out of court or goes before a jury.
- You'll get answers to your nursing home abuse questions quickly and without the legal jargon.
- You'll stay updated on the progress of your case. At Edgar Snyder & Associates, you won't be left in the dark.
- You'll be treated with the respect and dignity you deserve – that you or your loved one didn't receive at the nursing home.
And remember, there's never a fee unless we get money for you. If you have a case and hire our law firm, and we don't get compensation for you, you won't owe us anything. It's that simple.