Workers Compensation or Personal Injury?

Injured Worker

Unsure if You Have a Workers' Comp or Personal Injury Case?

We're here to help you understand the difference between a case for workers' compensation benefits and a personal injury lawsuit. If you've been injured in an industrial accident, you were probably at work when it happened. However, it can be difficult to know who is responsible for your injury.

We're here to help simplify the claims process and get you all the money you deserve. As with any industrial accident, it's extremely important to act quickly. Worksites are quickly cleared of defective products, malfunctioning machinery, and other dangerous hazards, destroying the evidence to prove your case.

Contact us immediately, and we'll get to work preserving the evidence and building your case. Call our legal professionals at 412-394-1000 or fill out our free online legal consultation located in the top right corner of this page.

We'll Define Your Options

It's difficult to understand whether you have a workers' compensation claim or a personal injury case – or both. We'll explain the difference between them, and we'll make sure to get you all the compensation you deserve.

To understand the difference between filing a workers' compensation claim or a personal injury claim, it's important to understand what a "third party claim" entails.

Third Party Claims

Third party claims refer to accidents that result in an injury, occurring at a worksite, but are the responsibility of someone other than your employer.

In Pennsylvania, if you've been injured on the job, you are entitled to workers' compensation. However, you are not able to file a personal injury case against your employer or any coworker, even if they were responsible for the injury.

If a third party, like another company, was responsible for your injury, you may bring a personal injury lawsuit against them. In either case, we can protect your rights and get you the compensation you deserve.

For example:
You're working for a construction crew that is building a new office complex. Your company is sharing the worksite with an electrical company. If one of the electrical company's trucks backs into you and injures you, your personal injury claim would be with the electrical company.