Giving Back in Erie, PA
We're proud to be a part of the Erie community, and we've made it a priority to give back through volunteer work and firm sponsorships. Below are some of the activities and programs we've participated in through the years.
Supporting Erie Area Elementary Schools
The "My Holiday Wish" Coloring Contest supports elementary schools throughout Western and Central Pennsylvania. One of our recent winners was from Asbury Elementary School in Fairview, PA:
Scholarships for Erie High School Seniors
Every year, we award college scholarships to high school students for creating proposals aimed at discouraging underage drinking and driving and distracted driving.
In past years we've had "Words to be Heard" winners from:
- Cathedral Prep
- Eisenhower High School
- Fairview High School
- General McLane High School
- Hickory High School
- McDowell High School
- North East High School
- Reynolds Senior High School
Scholarship Contest in the News:
- "Erie Teen Takes Stand Against Drunk Driving, Wins Scholarship." | ErieTVNews / WICU / WSEE
Don't Drink & Drive Efforts
Because we've helped so many people whose lives have been devastated by drunk driving, we make it a priority to do everything we can to prevent these accidents from happening. Some of the efforts we've participated in throughout the years include:
- Lake Erie Youth ROAD Crew - a youth program that encourages teens to make responsible decisions
- "That's What Friends Are For" commercial campaign – sponsored in part with WJET-TV
- Project Road Block advertising campaign with WJET-TV, WFXP-TV, and YourErie.com
- Airing public service announcements on local cable TV stations
- YourErie.com Prom Promise encourages students to avoid alcohol during their prom by signing a pledge, and they are entered for a chance to win prizes. This is done in conjunction with WJET-TV, WFXP-TV, and YourErie.com
Other Erie Community Sponsorships
- Erie Otters "Power Play for Kids" - For each power play goal scored by the Erie Otters, Edgar Snyder & Associates donates $50 to the "My Bike" program with Variety The Children's Charity. Each donation goes toward building adaptive bikes for children with disabilities.
- "Good Kids" Program With WJET – The "Good Kids" segment features children in the Erie area who make a positive impact on their community. If you'd like to nominate someone you know for consideration, call WJET at 814-868-2424 or email email@example.com.
- Noteworthy with WFXP - This is a year-long karaoke contest to benefit local non-profit organizations in the Erie area hosted by us and WFXP-TV.
- Erie County Bar Association's Annual Law Day 5K Run/Walk – All money raised by this program goes towards the Erie County Bar Association's Attorneys and Kids Together Program, which supports the educational needs of homeless children and the Runners Club Scholarship Fund.
- Erie County Teen Driving Competition – This event rewards high school students for automobile safety knowledge and driving skills.
- Trail of Treats – Held at Millcreek Mall, proceeds from this safe trick-or-treating outing for kids benefit children with physical disabilities served by the Achievement Center and children with mental health issues served by Sarah Reed Children's center.
- Erie SeaWolves School Days – These special games hosted by the SeaWolves are interactive and educational, giving kids the chance to apply things they've learned in the classroom to real life situations.
- Harbor Creek Baseball Association
You can also stop by our Erie office during regular business hours:
5158 Peach Street #10
Erie, PA 16505