Giving Back to Our Central PA Community
For over 35 years, our firm has been part of the greater Altoona, Ebensburg, and Johnstown areas, and that doesn't stop with legal services. At Edgar Snyder & Associates, we take pride in our wide range of community affiliations. Here are just a few of the many community service efforts we support in the Central Pennsylvania region.
"My Holiday Wish" Coloring Contest for Elementary Schools
For over 15 years, our law firm sponsored the "My Holiday Wish" Coloring Contest for elementary-aged children throughout Western and Central Pennsylvania. The winning students' schools received a $2,500 donation and we featured their artwork on our law firm's holiday card.
"Words to Be Heard" Scholarship for High School Seniors
For 13 years, our "Words to Be Heard" scholarship contest asked high school seniors in Western and Central Pennsylvania to present ideas for projects discouraging distracted driving and underage drinking among their peers. We awarded over $100,000 to students to help offset the cost of higher education.
Central Pennsylvania scholarship winners came from:
- Altoona Area High School, Blair County
- Bellefonte Area High School, Centre County
- Central High School, Blair County
- Clayburg-Kimmel Area High School, Blair County
- Curwensville Area High School, Clearfield County
- Everett Area High School, Bedford County
- Greater Johnstown High School, Cambria County
- Hollidaysburg Area High School, Blair County
- Meyersdale Area High School, Somerset County
- Mount Union Area High School, Huntingdon County
- Penns Valley High School, Centre County
- Richland High School, Cambria County
- State College Area High School, Centre County
- Tyrone Area High School, Blair County
- Windber Area High School, Somerset County
Central Pennsylvania Campaigns Against Drinking and Driving
Because we help so many clients who have experienced the devastating consequences of drunk driving, our law firm strives to take a stand against this destructive practice.
- Our Don't Drink and Drive PSAs run on television, radio, billboards, and online throughout Western and Central Pennsylvania to remind everyone of the dangers of drinking and driving.
- "Take A Cab, We'll Pay the Tab" provides free cab rides home on New Year's Eve for people in Blair County who don't want to drink and drive. We are happy to say that since the program was established in 1991, not one drunk driving fatality has occurred in the county during New Year's Eve celebrations.
- Our law firm is proud to work with Hot 92 in Johnstown and Hot 100 in Altoona to prevent underage drinking and drunk driving during the prom season. These two hit radio stations help to promote prom safety in central Pennsylvania community schools through the BuzzFree Prom Pledge.
Altoona, Ebensburg, and Johnstown Attorneys Give Back
Our Altoona, Ebensburg, and Johnstown offices are proud to be a part of the Central Pennsylvania community, and we provide sponsorships to local organizations throughout the year. Attorneys and legal staff also volunteer alongside friends and neighbors at many community service organizations and events.
Our firm has participated in:
- Leader of the Class on WTAJ in the Johnstown/Altoona area and Safe Graduation through WATM and WWCP. They both recognize local students' achievements.
- WALY-Warmth is a very special program that takes underprivileged children shopping for winter clothes. Since its establishment in 1991, the program has helped hundreds of children in need.
- Altoona/Logan Township Officer Phil Program
- Ebensburg Main Street Partnership Events, including:
- Art in Bloom
- Dickens of a Christmas
- Wheels & Wings
- Ebensburg Youth League
- Forest Hill Parent Care Committee
- Hollidaysburg Area YMCA Healthy Kids Day Sponsor
- Holiday Lights on the Lake at Lakemont Park
- The Humane Society of Somerset County
Attorneys and staff members of our Central Pennsylvania offices have supported a wide variety of causes including:
- Altoona Food Bank
- American Cancer Society Daffodil Days
- Central Pennsylvania Humane Society
- Dare to Care Food Drive
- Fraternal Order of Police Auction
- Halloween Safe Trick-or-Treating at the Galleria Mall in Johnstown
- John Paul II Manor Nursing Home in Cresson
- "Miracle Treat Day" for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
- Safe Trick-or-Treat Neighborhood
- Somerset County Humane Society
- St. Vincent de Paul Food Pantry
- Women's Help Center Angel Fund
Injured in Central Pennsylvania? Our Lawyers are Here for You
Our Central Pennsylvania legal teams in Altoona, Ebensburg, and Johnstown are dedicated to serving their communities in a variety of ways. We're here to help if you've have been hurt in an accident, injured on the job, or need Social Security disability benefits.