Orange Creamsicle Float
A drinkable version of the Creamsicle you used to chase ice cream trucks for.
This recipe makes 2 10 oz. servings
- 4 Mandarin oranges, sectioned, divided
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream, divided
- 2 12 oz. cans club soda
- 1 small bowl
- 1 paring knife
- 2 tall 10 oz. glasses or mugs
- 2 straws
- 2 spoons, optional
- Carefully remove the rind from the oranges and section them in a small bowl. Squeeze any remaining juice from the rind over the sectioned oranges.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Divide the oranges and vanilla mixture in half and transfer into two tall glasses or mugs.
- Add two scoops of ice cream to both glasses.
- Top off with the club soda.
- Stir once and serve immediately with a straw, and a spoon if desired.
- For more orange flavor, use orange soda instead of club soda.