A lime-and-mint interpretation of the iconic Cuban cocktail.
This recipe makes 14 8 oz. servings
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups mint leaves, chopped
- 2 cups lime sherbet, softened
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 2 liter bottle club soda
- 2 limes, sliced
- 1 large pitcher
- Small strainer
- 1 microwave-safe container
- Combine 2 cups water with sugar and heat in microwave-safe bowl for 5 minutes on high. Stir the mint into the mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Strain and discard the mint leaves from the mixture. Set aside.
- Stir lime sherbet, lime juice, and 1 cup water in a large pitcher until well-combined.
- Pour mint and sugar mixture into pitcher.
- Add club soda and stir. Serve over ice.
- Garnish with lime slices.