Wednesday's Bat Juice
A mocktail created in honor of the Addams Family and everyone who enjoys the taste of black licorice.
This recipe makes 8 8oz. servings
- 1 2 liter bottle of lemon-lime soda
- 1 12oz. package of black licorice, divided
- 8 clear 8oz. glasses
- Add 10-15 pieces of black licorice to the 2 liter bottle of soda. Leave in the refrigerator for a few hours to infuse.
- After resting, the soda will turn dark black.
- Fill each glass with ice and pour in 1 cup of the soda.
- Garnish with 1-2 pieces of black licorice for sipping.
- Accent the rims of your glasses with black sugar: add 1/4 cup black food coloring to 1 cup sugar, mixing together until color is consistent. Dip the rims of your glasses in water and then coat with the sugar mix.
- Don't really like black licorice? Add black food coloring to a glass of water until it reaches the desired color, and then pour into an ice tray. Put the cubes into each glass and fill with soda.