Warm Pumpkin Spice Au Lait
Cozy up by the fireplace with your favorite mug full of this delicious fall combination. We'll be honest - you may not want to share this one.
This recipe makes 6-8 8oz. servings
- 4 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 15oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 medium saucepan
- 6-8 8oz. mugs
- Combine cream, milk and sugar in a saucepan over meadium heat.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Whisk in pumpkin until well-blended. Add spices and vanilla extract.
- Simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh whipped cream and more spices, if desired, and serve immediately.
- Adjust the levels of sweet and savory by increasing or decreasing the amounts of sugar and spices.
- For a dairy-free version, use equivalent amounts of coconut or almond milk and 4 tsp. maple syrup.
- Mix in freshly brewed coffee to taste for a delicious kick-start to your morning.