For true pumpkin lovers everywhere.
This recipe makes 4 8oz. servings
- 1 15oz. can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1 freezer-safe bag or container
- 1 microwave-safe dish
- 4 8oz. glasses or mugs
- Place the pumpkin puree in a freezer-safe bag or container. Store in freezer for at least 24 hours.
- To soften, remove pumpkin puree from the bag and place in a microwave-safe dish. Heat the pumpkin puree in the microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour the milk into the blender. Add the brown sugar, spices, and pumpkin.
- Garnish with whipped cream and extra spices on top, if desired.
- Short on time? Rather than freezing the pumpkin, heat all the ingredients through and simmer for a few minutes for a delicious hot drink.
- Add more nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves for a more flavorful pumpkin pie taste.
- For less emphasis on the pumpkin taste, add half of a frozen banana.