Ginger Cranberry Tea
Ginger and cranberry bridge fall and Thanksgiving. Pair with turkey or a slice of pumpkin pie.
This recipe makes 4 8oz. servings
- 4 cups water
- 4 bags rooibos tea, white tea, or green tea
- 2 thin slices fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup sweet cranberry sauce or canned whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 medium saucepan
- 4 8oz. mugs or glasses
- In medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Remove from heat and add tea bags and ginger. Steep tea for 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place cranberry sauce in blender. Cover and blend until almost smooth.
- Remove tea bags and ginger from water. Stir blended cranberry mixture into tea until well-combined.
- Serve hot in mugs, or cover and refrigerate to serve cold. Stir well before serving.
- Make this drink into a punch by substituting the 2 cups of water for 2 cups of cranberry juice an adding several slices of lemon and orange. Serve over ice.
- Make a sparkling tea for a few more people by adding 4 cups ginger ale and 2 cups sparkling cranberry juice.