Kiwi and mint was what awoke the original Frankenstein. Don your bolts and walk with outstretched arms and straight legs.
This recipe makes 8 8 oz. servings
- 1 cup water, boiling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 cups mint leaves, packed
- 6 kiwis, peeled and quartered
- 1 liter bottle club soda
- 1 glass, heat-safe measuring cup
- Small strainer
- 1 large pitcher
- 8 clear 8 oz. glasses or chemistry flasks
- Straws or chemistry stirring rods
- Boil 1 cup water in microwave in the glass, heat-safe measuring cup.
- Pour water over sugar and stir until sugar has dissolved. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Puree 2 cups packed mint leaves with ¼ cooled sugar mixture in a blender.
- Add kiwi quarters and blend until just smooth.
- Add remaining sugar mixture.
- Pour through cheesecloth-lined strainer into pitcher; discard solids.
- Stir in ice and 1 liter bottle of club soda.
- Pour into glasses or flasks, and serve with straws or stirring rods.