A warm, foaming mug of the popular wizarding beverage more than satisfies the sweet tooth.
This recipe makes 2 10-12oz. servings
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup butterscotch topping
- 2 tbsp. whipped butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla cream soda
- 2 butterscotch candy sticks, optional
- 2 glass, heat-safe measuring cup
- 2 10-12 oz. mugs
- Combine the condensed milk, butterscotch topping, and butter in a glass, heat-safe measuring cup. Heat in microwave for 1 minute. Remove and stir until butter has melted.
- Heat vanilla cream soda in another measuring cup for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Divide butterscotch mixture between 2 10-12 oz. mugs. Fill mugs with heated cream soda and stir thoroughly.
- Serve garnished with an old-fashioned butterscotch candy stick.
- Prefer your butterbeer on the cooler side? Substitute the butter for the same amount of butter-flavored extract and room temperature or chilled vanilla cream soda.
- Use evaporated milk instead of condensed milk for less sweetness. Top the drink with whipped cream for more.