Nerve Damage from Dog Bites
Injuries That Last for Years
When people think of dog bites, they often imagine the moment of the bite: Snapping teeth, surprise, pain, and fear. Maybe they also imagine a trip to the hospital and some stiches.
However, dogs have powerful jaws and teeth. The strength of their bite varies by breed, but some of the larger breeds have recorded a bite strength of 300 pounds per square inch. In fact, one study found a dog to have a bite strength of 552 pounds – just a little less than the bite force of a lion.
This means that dog bites can be much more serious than a few stiches, and their effects can last for years. This is especially true if the bite caused any type of nerve damage.
- You might not be able to work the same job.
- Your injury might interfere with your ability to perform everyday tasks that used to be second nature.
- Nerve damage can cause pain and even paralysis.
- And more
Because the nerve injury might not be apparent right away, and its effects aren't fully known for years, the financial and emotional toll of injuries like this can be difficult for many people to understand.
After decades of helping people injured by dogs, we do.
Making Sure You're Protected
After you've been bitten by a dog, your first priority is taking care of your health. It isn't until later that the weight of what you're facing hits you:
- "Do I have a legal claim?"
- "Can I even afford to hire an attorney?"
- "How am I going to pay for my medical bills?"
- "Who is responsible for my injuries?"
- "What if I have future medical expenses?"
- "What if I can't go back to work?"
You might feel like these questions are too complicated to sort out. That's what we're here for – it's our job to handle all of the "what ifs" for you.
We don't take a one-size-fits-all approach. We've helped dog bite victims since 1982, and we know that each case has unique details that determine how it needs to be handled. However, if you hire our law firm, there are certain things you can expect from us no matter what:
- We keep you updated on your case.
- We'll keep track of all deadlines.
- We'll handle all of your paperwork.
- We'll hire the best experts and do a full investigation.
- You'll have an entire team dedicated to handling your claim.
- You can ask us any questions you have, at any time.
- You won't owe us anything unless and until we win your case.
- And more
Our Free Legal Consultation is Just the Beginning
We treat each client the way we'd want our own family to be treated. This begins with our free legal consultation – we just ask you questions about your situation, and we'll figure out if you have a case. There's no obligation to use our services, no pressure to make a decision on what you want to do, and it's absolutely free. We just want you to get the answers you're looking for.
If you do decide to hire us, you won't pay us a single penny unless and until we win your case. There's no fine print and no hidden costs. We'll pay for everything upfront.
It's easy to get started – just call us at 412-394-1000 or fill out the form at the top right of the page. We're available 24/7.