Workers' Compensation Legal Assistant
Looking for a career in the legal profession? One of the Top Workplaces in Pittsburgh—Edgar Snyder & Associates—is hiring a Workers’ Compensation Legal Assistant.
Anyone who lives in western Pennsylvania and watches television will likely recognize Edgar Snyder as the injury lawyer who points and says: “There’s never a fee unless we get money for you.” What you might not know is that our law office—voted one of the Top Workplaces in Pittsburgh— is seeking a Personal Legal Secretary to work in our downtown Pittsburgh office in our Overflow Department.
Edgar Snyder & Associates has represented more than 50,000 accident victims, injured workers entitled to Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation benefits, and people with disabilities who have been denied Social Security Disability benefits.
We offer a competitive compensation package complete with a comprehensive benefits program. Our firm also offers its employees volunteer opportunities.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience with at least 3 years in workers’ compensation
- Proficiency in MS Office and Outlook
- Knowledge of Needles or other case management system preferred
- Possess a working knowledge of all phases of litigation
- Excellent customer service as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and manage priorities effectively
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Ability to cooperatively work within a team
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide secretarial assistance to assigned attorneys and paralegals
- Open and organize new client files
- Request, receive and document medical information; manage medical records
- Transcribe dictation
- Organize and maintain files
- Input data into case management system (Needles)
- Serve as liaison with contacts of assigned attorneys
- Promptly and efficiently respond to all communications
- Perform other clerical duties as required
For consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
Edgar Snyder & Associates
Attn: Human Resources Department
US Steel Tower, 10th Floor
600 Grant Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Equal Opportunity Employer