Workers' Compensation Legal Assistant, Pittsburgh
You know us as the lawyers who promise “there’s never a fee unless we get money for you.”
What you may not know is that we’re a firm dedicated to client care and enriching our city and community.
For the past 30 years, Edgar Snyder & Associates has built a culture of excellence and earned a reputation for taking care of clients and giving back to the community. We’ve built a team of professionals with laser focus on winning clients the resources they need to rebuild their lives. That team is comprised of high-achieving lawyers, paralegals, and legal assistants who provide a personal touch. We’re consistently ranked among the best places to work in Pittsburgh, and we strive to recognize and reward the focus and drive of our employees.
We need caring, driven, fast-learning legal assistants who want to make a difference for our clients – people injured through no fault of their own.
Sound like you? Then we want to hear from you for our open legal assistant position.
Workers' Compensation Legal Assistant
The Workers’ Compensation Legal Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support and enhancing attorney effectiveness on behalf of the firm's clients with the utmost professionalism and while maintaining strict confidentiality.
The skills and experience required are as follows:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organizes and maintains client files. Collects and files all letters, records, correspondence, investigations, discovery, filings, and other relevant materials. Maintains files accurately and on a timely basis.
- Coordinates ordering of medical, employment, insurance company and other relevant records. Ensures timely receipt.
- Receives and processes notices for client cases, including hearings, scheduling changes, depositions, mediations, conference calls and meetings. Records and documents on all relevant calendars.
- Receives, reviews and properly disposes of all correspondence on a timely basis; uses sound judgment in prioritizing the handling of all correspondence, both paper and electronic.
- Processes and properly records verbal and written instructions from attorney and/or paralegal in a timely manner.
- Serves as the liaison with insurance company related to compensation checks, changes in the claimant's contact information, and other relevant communication.
- Contacts adjuster to check on status of late or missing check. Communicates status to client and WC team.
- Assists with opening, maintaining, and closing case files, ensuring accuracy and completion of all associated financial and accounting requirements.
- Enters all relevant case and client information into firm's case management system. Ensures that this is done in a timely and accurate manner in order to support attorney appropriately.
- Provides administrative support including, typing, filing, preparing correspondence, assisting with reports, presentations, photocopying, faxing, collating, making travel arrangements, answering phones, recording messages and other activities.
- Transcribes all dictation accurately, expediently and in accordance with firm standards.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the Workers' Compensation legal process helpful.
- Able to support preparation of legal documents, contracts, amendments and other related items with strict confidentiality.
- Ability to transcribe helpful
- Detail-oriented, organized, motivated, meticulous, practical and flexible with a "get-it-done" attitude.
- Able to effectively handle multiple and shifting priorities and maintain professional composure.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, high energy and team-oriented environment. Able to produce high quality work under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Resourceful self-starter who takes initiative to quickly assimilate and apply new knowledge.
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills. Able to effectively and openly share information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to develop relationships with coworkers, clients, and colleagues.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team; resolves issues, manages conflict and solve problems.
- Demonstrates strong sense of customer service.
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point), Adobe Pro, Internet, E-mail, and other software as required.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of two (2) years administrative experience in a law firm or in-house legal department preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of Workers' Compensation or related experience preferred.
- Associates' or technical degree preferred.
- An equivalent combination of training and relevant work experience may be substituted for training/experience on a year-for-year basis.
Job Type: Full-time
Edgar Snyder & Associates offers a competitive compensation package with a comprehensive benefits program. For consideration, please send your resume and cover letter including salary requirements to email@example.com or to:
Edgar Snyder & Associates
Attn: Human Resources Department
US Steel Tower, 10th Floor
600 Grant Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer