Technology Specialist & Trainer
Edgar Snyder & Associates is a plaintiff's personal injury law firm with over 130 attorneys and legal staff and five office location. For over 30 years, the law firm has represented over 50,000 accident victims as well as injured workers entitled to PA Workers' Compensation benefits and people with disabilities who have been denied Social Security Disability benefits. The law firm has been voted as one of the Top Workplaces in Pittsburgh and is an equal opportunity employer.
We seek a motivated and energetic team player to join our dynamic firm. This new, full-time position is responsible for providing technical training and support, documenting current workflows and developing ways to improve learning opportunities in order to increase productivity. The position reports to our Manager, IT and Litigation Support. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Develops and conducts technical training using the appropriate methods best suited to obtain the required outcome. Training includes, but is not limited to, software rollouts, new hire onboarding, continuing education and productivity enhancements.
- Collaborates with IT departmental staff and subject matter experts to identify, plan, create, design, test, implement, deliver, support, and maintain effective, innovative, and interactive training activities and materials.
- Understands the marketing aspects of technical training and contributes to user adoption by demonstrating a return on investment (ROI) via improved knowledge and work efficiency.
- Writes, edits, evaluates and integrates various types of training and vendor materials including, but not limited to, end-user documentation, videos, eLearning, user tips, webinars, online instruction guides and FAQs.
- Identifies, communicates and supports improved workflow procedures based on research in the user community and on current technical trends.
- Collaborates with end users to understand unique requirements based on role, team, and office location. Offers training solutions that are adaptable to those needs and customize solutions for different scenarios and learners.
- Defines and delivers technical training programs to meet CLE requirements for legal staff.
- Creates, disseminates and manages the training schedule. Develops and implements training evaluations to assess program effectiveness; makes adjustments as needed.
- Acts as subject matter expert for business applications and other software products. Assists with migrations to newer versions of current software.
- Responds to individual requests either directly or via the Help Desk.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of business applications including Microsoft Office, document management, document creation/numbering/macro suites, PDF tools and other office-based products.
- Able to promote an upbeat, collaborative and productive work culture. A good sense of humor is highly desirable.
- Detail-oriented, organized, goal driven, motivated & flexible. Strictly maintains a high degree of confidentiality.
- Able to effectively handle multiple and shifting priorities and maintain professional composure while under stress or conflict.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, high energy and team-oriented environment. Able to produce high quality work under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- A resourceful self-learner with initiative. Able to quickly assimilate and apply new knowledge. Demonstrates curiosity and creativity in problem solving.
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills. Able to effectively and openly share information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to develop relationships with coworkers, vendors, business partners and others within a professional network.
- Able to work independently and as a team to build strong relationships. Able to resolve issues, manage conflict and be a problem solver. Able to reach consensus and achieve team goals.
- Treats people with respect. Keeps commitments. Inspires the trust of others. Works with integrity and ethically. Upholds organizational values. Personally champions and adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Experience with Prism DocRecord, OpenText eDocs and Needles Case Management preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of training experience required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a law firm or business office environment preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in education, computer science, information systems, communications or related field required.
- Microsoft Certified Trainer, CompTIA Technical Trainer or Adobe Certified Instructor certifications preferred.
- Demonstrated experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
- Travel at least 10% to work sites beyond the corporate office.
- Perform light work - exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly.
- See, hear, talk and perform tasks requiring visual acuity, manual dexterity, fingering, grasping and other similar tasks requiring physical activity/repetitive motions.
- Able to operate standard office and computer equipment.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.