Personal Injury Litigation Paralegal in Erie, PA
This position is no longer available. Please visit our careers page for all open positions.
Edgar Snyder & Associates seeks a Personal Injury Litigation Paralegal to work in our Erie office. Our firm is a plaintiffs' personal injury law firm with over 130 attorneys and legal staff and five office locations. Anyone who lives in western Pennsylvania and watches television will likely recognize Edgar Snyder as the injury lawyer who points and says: "There's never a fee unless we get money for you."
For over 30 years, the law firm has represented over 50,000 accident victims as well as injured workers entitled to PA Workers' Compensation benefits and people with disabilities who have been denied Social Security Disability benefits.
The skills and experience required are as follows:
- Paralegal certificate or degree
- 3-5 years of Plaintiff Personal Injury litigation paralegal experience, including medical review and interrogatories
- Must be knowledgeable in Pennsylvania auto law
- Proficiency in MS Office and Outlook
- Knowledge of Needles or other case management system preferred
- Possess a working knowledge of all phases of litigation
- Excellent customer service as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Must have the ability to successfully multi-task and work as a team member in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to cooperatively work within a team
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare legal documents, including briefs, pleadings, demands, appeals, etc.
- Prepare affidavits or other documents, such as legal correspondence, and organize and maintain documents in paper or electronic filing system
- Prepare for trial by performing tasks such as organizing exhibits
- Maintain contacts with clients and other professionals
- Gather and analyze research data
- Call upon witnesses to testify at hearing
Edgar Snyder & Associates offers a competitive compensation package with a comprehensive benefits program. For consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
Edgar Snyder & Associates
Attn: Human Resources Department
US Tower, 10th Floor
600 Grant Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer