Personal Injury Legal Secretary
Searching for a job in the legal profession? Looking for an opportunity that will allow you to utilize not only your legal experience, but your impeccable customer service, secretarial and organization skills — all while helping to make a difference in the lives of injury victims? Then Edgar Snyder & Associates has an opportunity for you.
Anyone who lives in western Pennsylvania and watches television will likely recognize Edgar Snyder as the injury lawyer who points and says: “There’s never a fee unless we get money for you.” What you might not know is that our law office—voted one of the Top Workplaces in Pittsburgh— is seeking a Personal Injury Legal Secretary to work in our downtown Pittsburgh office in our Overflow Department.
Edgar Snyder & Associates has represented more than 50,000 accident victims, workers hurt on the job, and people with disabilities need Social Security Disability benefits.
We offer a competitive compensation package complete with a comprehensive benefits program. Our firm also offers its employees volunteer opportunities.
The position entails:
- Providing secretarial assistance to attorneys
- Opening and organizing new client files
- Requesting, receiving and documenting medical information; managing medical records
- Transcribing dictation
- Typing briefs, findings and affidavits as needed
- Organizing and maintaining files
- Inputting data into a case management system (we use Needles)
- Serving as liaison with contacts of assigned attorney
- Responding promptly to all communications
- Performing other clerical duties as required
The successful candidate will be a team player who has the following skills and professional background:
- Education certificate
- Minimum of five years relevant work experience, with at least three years in plaintiff personal injury law
- Knowledge of Pennsylvania auto law
- Proficiency in MS Office and Outlook
- Case management system experience preferred
- Possess a working knowledge of all phases of litigation
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and effectively manage priorities
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
Interested? For consideration, please send your resume and cover letter including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
Edgar Snyder & Associates
Attn: Human Resources Department
US Steel Tower, 10th Floor
600 Grant Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer