Personal Injury Legal Assistant - Pittsburgh, PA
For the past 30 years, Edgar Snyder & Associates has built a culture of excellence and earned a reputation for taking care of clients and giving back to the community. We have built a team of professionals with laser focus on winning clients the resources they need to rebuild their lives. That team is composed of high-achieving lawyers, paralegals, and legal assistants who provide a personal touch. We are consistently ranked among the best places to work in Pittsburgh, and we strive to recognize and reward the focus and drive of our employees.
We are growing and need caring, driven, fast-learning legal assistants who want to make a difference for our clients – people injured through no fault of their own.
Sound like you? Then we want to hear from you!
Note: The successful candidate will be complete our rotation training program prior to being placed with a specific attorney.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Communicate regularly and directly with clients regarding their on-going medical treatment and symptoms
- Apprise attorneys regularly regarding client interactions and case updates. Evaluate and escalate communication as appropriate
- Provide administrative support for attorneys and support cases by typing, filing, preparing correspondence, assisting with reports, preparing presentation materials, transcribing dictation and other administrative tasks
- Organize and maintain client files according to firm standards. Thoroughly and accurately document client interaction and case updates via case management software
- Assist with preparing and filing pleadings, motions, briefs, forms, subpoenas, and other trial related preparation as requested or needed
- Prepare attorney expense reimbursements.
- Coordinate travel arrangements with firm‐provided travel agency
- Maintain calendar and contacts for attorneys
- Handle telephones calls from internal and external sources including taking accurate messages and appropriately routing calls
- Coordinate conference calls
- Coordinate attorney firm‐ and client‐related meeting set‐ups and logistics
- Coordinate all medical bill payments through various levels of insurance coverage
- Work with lien holders to ensure amounts attempted to be claimed are subrogable and correctly associated with claim/recovery
- Two or more years of personal injury law, workers' compensation, or medical malpractice legal administrative experience
- Knowledge of medical billing process and coordination of medical benefits
- Associate’s degree preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office and Outlook required, knowledge of Needles or other case management system preferred
- Excellent customer service as well as written and verbal communication skills
- A fast learner with high attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and manage changing priorities with a positive attitude and efficient approach, especially in time-pressured situations
- Collaborates well with others in receiving and assigning work duties
Job Type: Full-time
Edgar Snyder & Associates offers a competitive compensation package with a comprehensive benefits program. For consideration, please send your resume and cover letter including salary requirements to email@example.com or to:
Edgar Snyder & Associates
Attn: Human Resources Department
US Steel Tower, 10th Floor
600 Grant Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer