Personal Injury Legal Assistant - Pittsburgh, PA
You know us as the lawyers who promise “there’s never a fee unless we get money for you.”
What you may not know is that for the past 30 years, Edgar Snyder & Associates has built a culture of excellence and earned a reputation for taking care of clients and giving back to the community. We’ve built a team of high-achieving lawyers, paralegals and legal assistants who provide a personal touch while they help injured clients get the resources they need to rebuild their lives. We’re consistently ranked among the best places to work in Pittsburgh and we strive to recognize and reward the focus and drive of our employees.
We need caring, driven, fast-learning legal assistants who want to make a difference for our clients – people injured through no fault of their own.
Sound like you? Then we would love to talk to you about joining our team as a Personal Injury Legal Assistant.
This position works as part of a busy team of attorneys, paralegals and other firm professionals to provide customer service to clients who have been injured in accidents or at work.
- Demonstrate strong critical thinking skills with the ability to work in a proactive manner to solve problems. Recognize and understand how information flows and how missing information or errors impact overall case management.
- Display a customer-service focus when working with assigned attorneys, coworkers and when interacting with the firm’s clients.
- Organized self-starter who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and is able to produce high-quality, error-free work products within established timeframes.
- Responsible for full range of general administrative support duties, including document preparation, data entry, filing, answering phones, check requests, etc.
- Provide general administrative support for attorneys as needed, including planning and scheduling meetings, calendar maintenance, expense reconciliation, presentations, travel arrangements, etc.
- Assist with preparation of a variety of legal documents such as pleadings, motions, settlement folders, briefs, subpoenas, estate-related and other trial-related materials. Must be able to independently draft documents for review and signature.
- Familiarity with the personal injury legal process, medical legal billing and coordination of benefits.
- Perform non-legal computer research to support client cases.
- Maintain confidentiality and exhibit behavior consistent with the firm’s core values of excellence, honesty & integrity, trust & fairness, client-centered, empathy and professionalism.
Education: Associates or technical degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years of personal injury administrative experience in a law firm or in-house legal department.
Skills: Advanced computer skills including MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), legal case management software, email, Adobe Pro and other software, as required. Excellent written and spoken communication skills and must display a professional manner with clients, attorneys, paralegals and other staff members.
Edgar Snyder & Associates offers a challenging work environment, jeans / business casual dress code and a total compensation package that includes a competitive salary and flexible benefits program.
Edgar Snyder & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote equal employment opportunity for qualified people, regardless of their race, ancestry, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, disability, veteran's status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Edgar Snyder & Associates provides reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities, including in the application and interview process.
For consideration, please sumbit your application by clicking here.