Legal Assistant, Pittsburgh, PA Office
Edgar Snyder & Associates, voted one of Best Places to Work in Western Pennsylvania, seeks a Personal Injury Legal Assistant to work in the Pittsburgh, PA office.
Edgar Snyder & Associates is a plaintiffs personal injury law firm with over 130 attorneys and legal staff and five office locations. Anyone who lives in western Pennsylvania and watches television will likely recognize Edgar Snyder as the injury lawyer who points and says: "There's never a fee unless we get money for you." For over 30 years, the law firm has represented over 50,000 accident victims, as well as injured workers entitled to PA Workers' Compensation benefits and people with disabilities who have been denied Social Security disability benefits.
It's our job to help people hurt in accidents, but we also believe it's our personal responsibility to help within our local PA communities. "If you're fortunate to be successful in business, you have a responsibility to give something back," says Attorney Edgar Snyder. Edgar Snyder & Associates supports a variety of community service projects, and provides opportunities throughout the year for staff to participate in hands-on volunteer projects during work time.
If you are interested in a career at one of the Best Places to Work in Western Pennsylvania, see if you think you have the skills and experience to become a part of the Edgar Snyder & Associates team.
- Education certificate
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience with at least 3 years in Plaintiff Personal Injury
- Knowledge in Pennsylvania auto law
- Proficiency in MS Office and Outlook
- Knowledge of Needles or other case management system preferred
- Possess a working knowledge of all phases of litigation
- Excellent customer service as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and manage priorities effectively
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Ability to cooperatively work within a team
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide secretarial assistance to assigned attorneys and paralegals
- Open and organize new client files
- Request, receive, and document medical information; manage medical records
- Work on interrogatories
- Coordinate witnesses
- Transcribe dictation
- Type briefs, findings, and affidavits as needed
- Organize and maintain files
- Input data into case management system (Needles)
- Serve as liaison with contacts of assigned attorneys
- Promptly and efficiently respond to all communications
- Perform other clerical duties as required
Edgar Snyder & Associates, voted one of the Best Places to Work, offers a competitive compensation package with a comprehensive benefits program.
For consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
Edgar Snyder & Associates
Attn: Human Resources Department
USS Tower, 10th Floor
600 Grant Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Edgar Snyder & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.