Investigations Support Clerk
Edgar Snyder & Associates is a plaintiff's personal injury law firm with over 130 attorneys and legal staff and five office location. For over 30 years, the law firm has represented over 50,000 accident victims as well as injured workers entitled to PA Workers' Compensation benefits and people with disabilities who have been denied Social Security Disability benefits. The law firm has been voted as one of the Top Workplaces in Pittsburgh and is an equal opportunity employer.
Known as The Tracker, this new full-time position is responsible for coordinating all requests for our investigation team to support our clients’ cases. The ideal candidate is someone who is the ultimate, organized multi-tasker! Able to keep track of hundreds of active requests for dozens of clients and coordinate the process with a mix of tenacity and upbeat customer service. This person is the liaison between our investigation and legal teams so that everything is filed, organized and ready by the deadline. We seek a positive, self-motivated and energetic team player to join our dynamic firm in this key role. The position reports to our Investigations Manager. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Establishes and pro-actively manages a process to request, track and follow up with investigators to ensure all required documents, photos, videos and other investigation materials are available with strict adherence to deadlines for all client cases.
- Facilitates communication between investigators, attorneys, intake team and other staff members to initiate and support case documentation and investigation requirements.
- Coordinates appointments between clients and investigators to support the investigation process.
- Develops and implements a communication and notification reporting process to keep all parties informed of the status of investigation requests and materials.
- Engages attorneys, legal support staff and Investigations Manager promptly regarding any issues or overdue items.
- Processes all requests from the Investigations Team that comes through the system. Works with the Investigations Manager to record and file all investigative materials.
- Coordinates file maintenance and security processes with adherence to check-in and check-out procedures.
- Assists the Investigations Manager in processing billing invoices submitted by investigators. This may involve researching submissions and verifying delivery of products to support invoice payment.
- Provides administrative support including, but not limited to, typing, filing, preparing correspondence, assisting with reports/presentations, photocopying, faxing, collating, making travel arrangements, answering phones, recording messages and other activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities
- Outstanding organization skills. Process-oriented. Able to keep track of hundreds of outstanding items for dozens of cases as the same time with 100% knowledge and accuracy.
- Knowledgeable of litigation and investigation processes.
- Detail-oriented, organized, motivated, meticulous, practical & flexible. Able to effectively handle multiple and shifting priorities and maintain professional composure while under stress or conflict.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, high energy and team-oriented environment. Able to produce high quality work under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- A resourceful self-starter who takes initiative to quickly assimilate and apply new knowledge.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to effectively communicate information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to develop relationships with coworkers, customers, and colleagues. Builds trust, honors commitments and treats all with respect. Uses those skills to accurately accomplish tasks by the deadlines.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team. Able to resolve issues, manage conflict and be a problem solver.
- Demonstrates strong sense of customer service. Able to support and promote an upbeat, collaborative and productive work culture. A good sense of humor is highly desirable.
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point), Internet, e-mail, database management and scheduling software programs.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in an administrative role preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a law firm preferred.
- Associates degree in business management, administrative services, criminal justice or comparable field required. Bachelors’ degree preferred.
- May travel up to 10% to work sites beyond the corporate office.
- Perform light work - exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly.
- See, hear, talk and perform tasks requiring visual acuity, manual dexterity, fingering, grasping and other similar tasks requiring physical activity/repetitive motions.
- Able to operate standard office and computer equipment.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.