Intake Specialist, Pittsburgh
You know us as the lawyers who promise “there’s never a fee unless we get money for you.”
What you may not know is that we’re a firm dedicated to client care and enriching our city and community.
For the past 30 years, Edgar Snyder & Associates has built a culture of excellence and earned a reputation for taking care of clients and giving back to the community. We’ve built a team of professionals with laser focus on winning clients the resources they need to rebuild their lives. That team is comprised of high-achieving lawyers, paralegals, and legal assistants who provide a personal touch. We’re consistently ranked among the best places to work in Pittsburgh, and we strive to recognize and reward the focus and drive of our employees.
We need caring, driven, fast-learning legal assistants who want to make a difference for our clients – people injured through no fault of their own.
Sound like you? Then we want to hear from you for our open intake specialist position.
Responsible for initial and follow-up contact for callers (or Web inquiries) to ESA, providing exceptional customer service, attention-to-detail and follow-through on each and every interaction.
- Receives and reviews calls and web inquiries from potential ESA clients. Gathers and inputs client information; interacts with intake attorneys to make case decisions
- Duties include actions to complete missing or unknown information, 24-hour turnaround on unresolved calls, and forwarding all calls to the appropriate attorney (phone or email)
- Tracks and responds to callers professionally, with a focus on customer service and obtaining all needed data for proper referral actions, to include accurate (less than 10% inaccuracies) completion of the Call Sheet, ensuring all callers understand his/her options, and maintaining an average call of 18 minutes or less; reports weekly on all calls
- Retrieves, tracks, reviews, responds (if necessary) to Web inquiries (or forwards for review) and reports (weekly) on Web actions
- Acts as back-up for:
- data entry on PI cases when needed;
- Receptionist when needed (if acting as Receptionist, also distributes new client calls and messages from the Call Center);
- Referral Assistant for messages that require transfer to appropriate staff.
- Assists the Senior Intake Specialist when needed
- Completes assigned work in a timely manner to build positive relationships
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Capable of handling calls for a variety of practice areas: Personal Injury, Workers Comp, Social Security and Mass Tort
- Detail-oriented, organized, motivated, meticulous, practical & flexible. Able to effectively handle multiple and shifting priorities and maintain professional composure while under stress or conflict
- Able to work in a fast-paced, high energy and team-oriented environment. Able to produce high quality work under pressure and within tight deadlines
- A resourceful self-starter who takes initiative to quickly assimilate and apply new knowledge
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to effectively communicate information
- Possesses fluency with spreadsheets, data collection and data presentation
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to develop relationships with coworkers, customers and colleagues
- Builds trust, honors commitments and treats all with respect. Uses those skills to accurately accomplish tasks by the deadlines
- Able to work independently and as part of a team. Able to resolve issues, manage conflict and be a problem solver
- Demonstrates strong sense of customer service both in-person and on the phone. Able to promote a collaborative and productive work culture. Exhibits behavior consistent with ESA's core values
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point), Adobe Pro, database management, Internet, E-mail, Needles and other software as required
Edgar Snyder & Associates offers a competitive compensation package with a comprehensive benefits program. For consideration, please send your resume and cover letter including salary requirements to email@example.com or to:
Edgar Snyder & Associates
Attn: Human Resources Department
US Steel Tower, 10th Floor
600 Grant Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer