Human Resources Generalist, Pittsburgh
Edgar Snyder & Associates is a plaintiff's personal injury law firm with over 130 attorneys and legal staff and five office locations. For over 30 years, the law firm has represented over 50,000 accident victims as well as injured workers entitled to PA Workers' Compensation benefits and people with disabilities who have been denied Social Security Disability benefits. The law firm has been voted as one of the Top Workplaces in Pittsburgh and is an equal opportunity employer.
This full-time position is responsible for supporting all HR-related functions, programs, policies and practices for the firm in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. The HR Generalist will be based in the Pittsburgh office and will report to the Human Resources Manager. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
- Implements, coordinates and maintains HR responsibilities in a manner that upholds Edgar Snyder & Associates’ (ESA) mission and core values.
- Updates, communicates and implements all personnel policies and procedures. Complies with all laws and regulations.
- Supports the performance management process; helps develop goals, provides training and tracks results. Processes support documentation for any changes.
- Coordinates payroll processing, including employee notification, verifying & updating entries for accuracy, and finalizing for approval and submission. Implements and maintains procedures for accurate and efficient processing.
- Assists with benefits administration. Uploads changes, assists with reporting, manages documentation & files, serves as a resource to employees, and coordinates Open Enrollment.
- Assists with tracking requirements for leaves of absence (LOAs). Manages documentation and files.
- Coordinates recruitment efforts including job posting, applicant tracking & communication, scheduling, interviews, pre-employment testing and new employee onboarding.
- Manages HRIS entries and ensures that all employee data is accurately and timely updated.
- Addresses and resolves employee relations issues. Supports separation and termination process.
- Maintains organization charts, employee directories and other employee data-bases.
- Coordinates recognition programs, team building events and other activities to enhance the desired corporate culture and increase employee engagement. Provides intranet updates, supports firm-wide meetings and other communication processes.
- Provides reports, tracks internal metrics and other key data components.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities
- Excellent knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to HR, compliance, benefits, compensation, hiring, reporting and other HR-related requirements.
- Able to promote an upbeat, collaborative and productive work culture. A good sense of humor is highly desirable.
- Detail-oriented, organized, goal driven, motivated & flexible. Strictly maintains a high degree of confidentiality.
- Able to effectively handle multiple and shifting priorities and maintain professional composure while under stress or conflict.
- Treats people with respect. Keeps commitments. Inspires the trust of others. Works with integrity and ethically. Upholds organizational values.
- Personally champions and ensures adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, high energy and team-oriented environment. Able to produce high quality work under pressure and within tight deadlines. A resourceful self-learner with initiative. Able to quickly assimilate and apply new knowledge.
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills. Able to effectively and openly share information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to develop relationships with coworkers, customers, and colleagues.
- Able to work independently and as a team to build strong relationships. Able to resolve issues, manage conflict and be a problem solver. Able to reach consensus and achieve team goals. Strong interviewing and personnel assessment skills.
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point), Internet, e-mail. Must also exhibit strong HRIS acumen.
- Minimum of three (3) years as an HR generalist with progressive experience and responsibilities preferred.
- Experience in a law firm preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, business or related field required. PHR or SPHR certification and/or SHRM’s CP/SCP certification preferred or progressively pursuing.
- Travel at least 10% to work sites beyond the corporate office.
- Perform sedentary work - exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly.
- See, hear, talk and perform tasks requiring visual acuity, manual dexterity, fingering, grasping and other similar tasks requiring physical activity/repetitive motions. May be exposed to outdoor weather conditions, noise, gasses, dust & odors.
- Able to operate standard office and computer equipment.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.