Administrative Specialist (Part-time)
For the past 30 years, Edgar Snyder & Associates has built a culture of excellence and earned a reputation for taking care of clients and giving back to the community. We have built a team of professionals with laser focus on winning clients the resources they need to rebuild their lives. That team is composed of high-achieving lawyers, paralegals, and legal assistants who provide a personal touch. We are consistently ranked among the best places to work in Pittsburgh, and we strive to recognize and reward the focus and drive of our employees.
We are growing and need caring, driven, fast-learning legal assistants who want to make a difference for our clients – people injured through no fault of their own.
Sound like you? Then we want to hear from you!
Responsible for providing administrative support services to Edgar Snyder & Associates (ESA) within the Firm Services Group (FSG) Department. Areas of support include mail room, scanning, file retention, help desk, conference room management, inventory, court runs and office facilities. Please note: This is a part-time position.
- Processes and distributes incoming/outgoing mail, deliveries, shipments and express services.
- Performs hand deliveries and Court filings with strict adherence to deadlines and priorities.
- Completes retention scanning processes with strict adherence to timely and accurate completion requirements. Provides back-up and quality checks as scheduled or required.
- Assists with requests for meetings, ESA events and other celebrations. Services include, but are not limited to, catering, setup/cleanup, stocking supplies and ensuring all equipment and special requests are present.
- Assists with basic maintenance as requested to protect ESA’s physical assets and availability for use. Maintains office appearance and cleanliness as requested.
- Fulfills requests received through the Firm Services Help Desk. Provides responsive service with a pleasant customer-focused demeanor.
- Stocks office supplies and inventory, including work stations, copy paper, office, coffee stations and kitchen locations.
- Assists with any office moves, relocations and redesigns for all ESA offices.
- Completes or assists with special projects, reports and other support requests.
- Collaborates with other departments to support client cases.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Detail-oriented, organized, motivated, meticulous, practical & flexible. Able to effectively handle multiple and shifting priorities and maintain professional composure while under stress or conflict.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, high energy and team-oriented environment. Able to produce high quality work under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- A resourceful self-starter who takes initiative to quickly assimilate and apply new knowledge.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to effectively communicate information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to develop relationships with coworkers, customers and colleagues. Builds trust, honors commitments and treats all with respect. Uses those skills to accurately accomplish tasks by the deadlines.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team. Able to resolve issues, manage conflict and be a problem solver.
- Demonstrates strong sense of customer service. Able to promote a collaborative and productive work culture. Exhibits behavior consistent with the ESA's core values.
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point), Internet, e-mail, database management and scheduling software programs.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in an office, administrative or support role preferred.
- Experience in a law firm preferred.
- HS diploma or GED required.
- Associate's degree in business management, administrative services or comparable field preferred.
- An equivalent combination of training and relevant work experience may be substituted for training/experience on a year-for-year basis.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Travel at least 10% to sites beyond the corporate office.
- Perform medium work - exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, lifting no more than 50 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- See, hear, talk and perform tasks requiring manual dexterity and visual acuity; kneel, sit, stand, walk, crouch, stoop, reach, pull, push and other similar, repetitive tasks requiring physical activity.
- Able to operate standard office/computer equipment.
Job Type: Part-time
Edgar Snyder & Associates offers a competitive compensation package with a comprehensive benefits program. For consideration, please send your resume and cover letter including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
Edgar Snyder & Associates
Attn: Human Resources Department
US Steel Tower, 10th Floor
600 Grant Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer