Administrative Coordinator Job in Pittsburgh
Edgar Snyder & Associates is a plaintiff's personal injury law firm with over 130 attorneys and legal staff and five office locations. For over 30 years, the law firm has represented over 50,000 accident victims as well as injured workers entitled to PA Workers' Compensation benefits and people with disabilities who have been denied Social Security Disability benefits. The law firm has been voted as one of the Top Workplaces in Pittsburgh and is an equal opportunity employer.
We seek a positive, self-motivated and energetic team player to join our dynamic firm. This full-time position is responsible for providing clerical and administrative support to the Firm Services Group along with outstanding customer service throughout the firm as the key staff member for our internal Firm Services Help Desk, a triage service to address a variety of needs throughout the firm. The position reports to our Office Manager. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
- Meets and greets department and firm visitors in a professional and courteous manner.
- Provides assistance to department and firm with special projects, reports and other support requests.
- Orders office supplies and maintains office inventory system.
- Maintains information databases, departmental files and maintenance requests. Processes invoices, time tracking, expense reimbursement and other documents or financial requests as needed.
- Provides primary staffing and management for the Firm Services Help Desk. Pleasantly and efficiently tracks requests and coordinates responses across firm personnel by organizing, facilitating and supervising responses.
- Serves as a customer service liaison between teams, departments, vendors and staff members to address and resolve issues via the Firm Services Help Desk. Examples include, but are not limited to, supply requests, administrative support, event organizing and other office/facilities issues.
- Coordinates deliveries and shipments. Processes and distributes mail. Coordinates express services.
- Coordinates and supports firm-wide events, including celebrations and other firm meetings.
- Serves as the point of contact for client and employee gifts, including ordering and distribution.
- Coordinates cleanliness of the office with attention to reception, conference rooms and other common space. Assists as a liaison with the property management company and other vendors as needed.
- Provides administrative support, including typing, filing, preparing correspondence, assisting with reports/presentations, photocopying, faxing, collating, making travel arrangements, answering phones, recording messages, and other activities.
- Arranges and prepares conference rooms. Manages meeting requests and services including catering, setup/cleanup, stocking supplies, and ensuring all equipment and special requests are present. Secondary Responsibilities
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Manages all purchases with consideration for established budgets and cost savings opportunities.
- May be required to work overtime.
- May be required to hand-deliver Court filings and other legal documents.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities
- Demonstrates strong sense of customer service. Able to support and promote an upbeat, collaborative and productive work culture. A good sense of humor is highly desirable.
- Detail-oriented, organized, motivated, meticulous, practical & flexible.
- Able to effectively handle multiple and shifting priorities and maintain professional composure while under stress or conflict.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, high energy and team-oriented environment. Able to produce high quality work under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- A resourceful self-starter who takes initiative to quickly assimilate and apply new knowledge.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to effectively communicate information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to develop relationships with coworkers, customers, and colleagues. Builds trust, honors commitments and treats all with respect.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team. Able to resolve issues, manage conflict and be a problem solver.
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point), Internet, e-mail, database management and scheduling software programs.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in an administrative role preferred.
- Experience in a law firm preferred.
- Associates degree in business management, administrative services or comparable field required. Bachelors’ degree preferred.
- Travel at least 10% to work sites beyond the corporate office.
- Perform light work - exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly.
- See, hear, talk and perform tasks requiring visual acuity, manual dexterity, fingering, grasping and other similar tasks requiring physical activity/repetitive motions.
- Able to operate standard office and computer equipment.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.