Passenger Accident Steps
Injured as a Passenger? Know What Steps to Take
Your friend is driving you to the grocery store. As he or she stops at the end of the street, you notice a small red truck coming from the right. Your driver has the right of way and pulls through. Suddenly, the truck careens through the stop and into your door, spraying glass and broken plastic through the car. The next moments are a blur of horns and cars with smoking hoods.
What next? As a passenger, you might be seriously injured. In this situation, you have legal rights that entitle you to compensation for your medical bills, lost time at work, and even for your pain and suffering.
"What Can I Do if I'm Injured as a Passenger?"
Car accidents are hectic, chaotic, and often downright devastating. When you're a passenger, it's even more confusing to know what steps to take, especially if you've been injured.
We've outlined a few things to keep in mind if you're ever the passenger in an accident:
- Seek Medical Attention – Some car accident injuries are apparent immediately, whereas some, like neck injuries, don't appear until days later. Make sure you seek medical attention if you're injured in a car accident
- Police Report – Sometimes it seems tempting to handle an accident between the drivers involved, as well as the passengers. If you're injured, a police report will organize the details and help prove your case later on.
- Collect the Info – Get the information from all the drivers involved in the crash, including your own driver. Exchange phone numbers, insurance information, names, and all other important data.
- Don't Give a Statement – It's important to know that any statement you give to an insurance adjuster can be used against you later. We know you've got nothing to hide, but the hours after a car accident can be extremely confusing. By misremembering a small detail, you could jeopardize your case.
- Contact Our Attorneys – It's free to call and speak with our legal professionals. We have over 35 years of experience dealing with car accident cases. It's always best to get your questions answered, and then you can decide if you need an attorney. Remember, there's no obligation to use our law firm once you've called.
How We Can Help You
Our law firm has the resources needed to protect your legal rights, give you the peace of mind you deserve, and recover the maximum amount of compensation for your car accident injuries. Call us for a free legal consultation, and we'll tell you if you have a case.
When you hire us, we'll:
- Send investigators to preserve the evidence
- Hire the experts to prove your case
- Cover your upfront fees
- Help you handle the medical costs
- Stand up to pushy insurance companies
- And fight to get you every dollar you deserve
over a billion dollars in Verdicts and Settlements
There's a reason our law firm has been doing business for over 35 years. We take care of our clients, and we know how to win. We help our clients plan for the future, cover their existing medical costs, and recover money for their pain and suffering, as well as lost time at work. Check out our verdicts and settlements page for examples of the cases we've won.
We take pride in our dedication, experience, and success. And, best of all, there's never a fee unless – or until – we win your case. That's our guarantee. So don't hesitate, call us now.