Rear-End Car Accident
Injured After Being Rear-Ended?
It happens all too often – the driver behind you doesn't stop in time and crashes into the back of your car. Being rear-ended can cause serious damage to your vehicle and, in many cases, to you too.
If you were injured after your vehicle was struck from behind, contact our attorneys today at 412-394-1000 or simply complete the form located to the right. We'll fight the insurance company to recover the money you need for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Who's At-Fault for a Rear-End Accident?
While situations can vary, more often than not, it's the responsibility of the second car to avoid colliding with a car that stops in front of it. Regardless of whether the first car stopped to let a deer cross or an emergency vehicle pass or for any other reason, the second driver must ensure that he or she is following at a safe distance.
However, there can be many different reasons why a rear-end accident occurs, including:
- Driving too fast for conditions
- Distracted driving
- Following too closely
- Poor weather conditions
- And more
Types of Injuries After Being Rear-Ended
- Whiplash – One of the most common injuries associated with a rear-end collision, this can strain or tear ligaments and muscles located in the neck.
- Concussion – Depending on the impact of the crash, if your head makes contact with any surface during an accident, you could suffer anything from a mild to severe concussion.
- Spinal Injury – Even in low speed crashes, your spine could suffer from possible herniated discs or hyperextension. This can cause severe pain and may affect your ability to get around.
- Lockjaw Symptoms – After experiencing whiplash, there's a chance of developing symptoms similar to TMJ – otherwise known as lockjaw. The strain to the jaw joints may cause extreme discomfort and pain.
Remember, some of your injuries might not be apparent immediately after your accident. If you develop any symptoms, seek medical attention right away.
Injured From a Rear-End Collision? Call Us Today
Our legal professionals are standing by to help with your rear-end car accident claim. We'll fight to recover money for past and future medical bills, as well as any time you've missed at work. Our experienced legal team will help you plan for the future and make sure you get all the compensation you need.
We've recovered over $1 billion dollars in verdicts and settlements, and we're ready to fight for you.